Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Jobs/careers that require diploma/certificate

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 3:00 am
Hi all! I'm researching a bit as I need to help bring in a parnassah beyond what I'm making now (I currently teach). I have no interest in spending time in college for a degree, I just don't have the desire at all. But something short, such as a program where I'd come out with a diploma/certification would be fine too. I'm currently looking into a pharmacy tech program, but would love to know of other options I may not have thought of. (I don't have to make millions, but right now I'm working a full day and getting paid $20K...I need to do better than that.)

Thanks!

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 3:30 am
Do you have any sort of degree now? (You said that you teach -- I thought that requires a degree?)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 3:34 am
amother Camellia wrote:
Do you have any sort of degree now? (You said that you teach -- I thought that requires a degree?)

No degree, not needed for what I teach. (Hebrew subjects, lower elementary).
In the afternoon I do an aftercare class, hence the full day.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 4:19 pm
Dental assisting is 3 mos of schooling then interning. Jobs are plentiful.
Do you want to repair AC units, do plumbing, electrical work? That'd be a good field for a lady who works with stay at home moms.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 6:45 pm
Maybe do a bachelor's. It is not that hard and could be done in 6 months. You can stay in your current field as a title I teacher.

nicole81

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 8:17 pm
If you're willing to do an associates, nuclear medicine tech is a well paying allied health field. Look into all the allied health careers and see if any interest you.

Data science pays well and there are plenty of online courses for certification.

Trade work. I joke about starting a by women for women handylady company since I taught myself how to do a ton of stuff around the house recently (basic plumbing jobs, upgrading outlets, installing and wiring new lighting fixtures, repairing damaged walls, sanding and painting, etc). I have a well paying job bh but as I get older and more exhausted from full time hours, it's something I would definitely consider if I learned more and was confident I would have enough clients to sustain a decent living.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 12:07 am
What does your area require for special ed teaching or SEIT at home services? The pay may be better, though you'd have to figure out if you have the personality to handle that kind of work.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:19 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
Maybe do a bachelor's. It is not that hard and could be done in 6 months. You can stay in your current field as a title I teacher.

Delayed response here.. Sorry! How can I do a bachelor's in 6 months?

nicole81

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:40 pm
Most of the allied health fields may decently and don't require a ton of schooling. Nuclear medicine tech, x-ray tech, diagnostic medical imaging, etc

If you're into problem solving and data at all, tons of online programs exist these days to certify people in the fields of data analytics, data science, machine learning, and data engineering

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Delayed response here.. Sorry! How can I do a bachelor's in 6 months?

Because in frum programs we are clearly much smarter than the rest of the country, who needs 4 years. Obviously it is the same, meaningful degree.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:57 pm
Having a hard time finding a title 1 position
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics