Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is Starbucks kosher?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

mizle10

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 4:16 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
Regarding the Uk, from isitkosher.Uk (which is run by the London Beth din) :

Coffee Shops (Starbucks, Costa, Caffe Nero etc)
It is always preferable to purchase hot drinks from a kosher supervised establishment, but if this is not possible, it would be permitted to have plain coffee in a disposable cup from any coffee shop, provided that the coffee and water come from a machine which does not dispense any liquid other than water or plain coffee. One may add cold milk or plain soya milk from its original container. Hot water, coffee, and hot or frothed milk from jugs is better avoided.
Smoothies, whipped toppings, and beverages such as frappuccinos and hot chocolate etc are not permitted. Starbucks Coffee Syrups are no longer KLBD Certified.
Starbucks Refresha Drinks Cool Lime, Strawberry Acai and Pink Coconut contain grape juice and are Not Kosher.

One of the issues with starbucks is that their carafes are stainless steel which is mekabel tuma as opposed to a classic glass carafe usually used in coffee shops which is not mekabel tuma. Therefor what you posted does not apply. Starbucks is a complex issue.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 4:24 pm
mizle10 wrote:
One of the issues with starbucks is that their carafes are stainless steel which is mekabel tuma as opposed to a classic glass carafe usually used in coffee shops which is not mekabel tuma. Therefor what you posted does not apply. Starbucks is a complex issue.

Bliyos, not tumah.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 5:10 pm
mizle10 wrote:

I fully trust that the rabbonim from the London Beth din have looked into this matter extensively and how it works in the Uk market and have advised accordingly.

sunflower22

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 6:16 pm
Depends on where, the almond milk has a hechsher here, plain coffee is ok and some syrups have a hechsher, ask to see the bottle, they don't mind at alll.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 6:19 pm
Aylor

essie14

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:46 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Was actually in sarona quite recently. Do you know what store?

IIRC, it's across from Anita, the gelato store, or somewhere in that vicinity.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:52 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Can someone please explain what is so appealing to buy from an establishment where some items are kosher and some are not. I imagine a river of treif and in the river there are stepping stones to the other side and stepping stones are kosher.
Is Starbucks the only place you can get coffee from in America? No, I wouldn't think so.

I'm not a frequent Starbucks customer, but when I was staying with my mom in the hospital, I would take a walk 2x a day to the Starbucks around the corner for some fresh air and some much needed caffeine.
It's situations like this, that I'd like to know what I can and cannot buy from the closest coffee shop.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 10:42 pm
keym wrote:
After an 8,9 hour workday, you really don't get it? Or a trucker who's been driving 6 consecutive hours and needs the caffeine burst to continue?

Coke does the same thing

socialbutterfly

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:02 pm
I happen to be a serious coffee drinker. Used to love Starbucks. Became a bit more of a coffee snob and now am really only content with the brew I make at home or small business coffee shops.

Sometimes I think we have to be a bit more moser nefesh. Do we really have to try to find every possible way to make getting drinks from a treif establishment okay? Straight hot or iced coffee, I get. Anything more fancy, not so much. Probably smart to err on the side of caution. I’m speaking to myself here too.

Ruchi

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 6:06 am
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
I fully trust that the rabbonim from the London Beth din have looked into this matter extensively and how it works in the Uk market and have advised accordingly.
l

If you don’t drink cholov alum then it doesn’t apply
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen