Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What's it like in Borehamwood? (UK)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 5:15 am
We're attracted to the area because of the relatively low property prices but wondered what it's like as an area to live. We're Sefardi/ MO.

Are there areas we should aim for/ avoid?

What are transport links into London like?

Are there good public primary and secondary schools? Is it difficult to get school places?

Is it good for kids? Open spaces? Places to go?

Anything else we should know?

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 6:15 am
I know nothing about it but I just met 2 young MO couples who live there.

leilatov1

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 6:16 am
I know nothing either but met a few MO couples living there on a flight to Israel

leilatov1

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 6:17 am
Transport to central London kings x is ok, to GG/Hendon 20 mins no traffic. Closer to Edgware

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 3:07 am
I understood there was a fairly vibrant community there. Where is everyone? Too frum for the internet? To busy working to pay the mortgage to be online? Very Happy

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 4:03 am
It's a great community as far as I know
Yavneh college is close by.
There's a kollel now.
MO can mean different things. I don't know if yavneh would be frum enough. There's a mixture of kids many are not shomer shabbat but some are.

leilatov1

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 4:10 am
The drum kids travel in to hasmo (maybe even menorah) for school and Younger ones in edgware

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 8:59 am
What's Yavneh like academically?

I see that it's an oversubscribed school and we've already missed the deadline for applications so it seems unlikely we'd get a place.

Are there any other options? Even non Jewish schools that are good?

I'd also like to know if there are any areas of Borehamwood we should avoid and if there are some roads where most of the Jews live. This is also so I can have a look at house prices there.

Thanks for all the help :-)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 9:16 am
amother OP wrote:
I understood there was a fairly vibrant community there. Where is everyone? Too frum for the internet? To busy working to pay the mortgage to be online? Very Happy

Are you English?
Many people just aren't on this site. They're busy with other things. Maybe find out the local Whatsapp groups and ask there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating