Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Anything to help Ds 12 grow taller?
Previous  1  2  3

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 3:32 pm
amother Jean wrote:
which foods are highest in zinc?
and what are the richest sources of protein?
e.g if you say cheese then which cheese?

Protein

Eggs
Milk
Beef
Chicken
Fish
Beans

Will check zinc foods

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 3:36 pm
amother Jean wrote:
which foods are highest in zinc?
and what are the richest sources of protein?
e.g if you say cheese then which cheese?

Protein

Eggs
Milk
Beef
Chicken
Fish
Beans

Will check zinc foods

Lamb
Beef
Chicken
Yogurt
Pumpkin seeds
Hemp seeds
Chick peas
Mushrooms
Avocado
Spinach
Lentils
Cocoa
Cashews

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 4:51 pm
thanks so much best bubby.

I am wondering though why some say that diet and vitamins does not do anything for height?

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 9:44 pm
amother Jean wrote:

I am wondering though why some say that diet and vitamins does not do anything for height?

Height is 80% genetics.

But still diet, sleep and exercise count for 20%.

Probably think with everything vitamin fortified,
Not much more one can do.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 12:51 pm
Craniosacral chiropractic therapy has made my (already tall) DD grow. The DO told me she probably will grow.

My 15 year old 5'8" nephew really wanted to grow more. He's surrounded by 6'+ men and it was effecting his confidence. He has stopped growing the past year. He started seeing a Craniosacral practitioner weekly and bh seems like he's starting to grow again.

The younger you go, the less sessions you will need and the more effective it will be.
I pay $170 a visit. It's not cheap. But so worth it in the long run.

We went for different issues (was helpful bh!), the growing was a surprise bonus.

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 12:55 pm
amother Jean wrote:

Lots of people say vitamins and diet don’t help for anything. Why does this surprise you?

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 1:04 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
Lots of people say vitamins and diet don’t help for anything. Why does this surprise you?

what do you mean?

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 1:05 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Craniosacral chiropractic therapy has made my (already tall) DD grow. The DO told me she probably will grow.

My 15 year old 5'8" nephew really wanted to grow more. He's surrounded by 6'+ men and it was effecting his confidence. He has stopped growing the past year. He started seeing a Craniosacral practitioner weekly and bh seems like he's starting to grow again.

The younger you go, the less sessions you will need and the more effective it will be.

We went for different issues (was helpful bh!), the growing was a surprise bonus.

how old is your daughter?

has she got her period yet?

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 1:12 pm
Keeping blood sugar stable helps, because growth hormone is inversely related to insulin production.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 2:13 pm
amother Copper wrote:

Wow this is quite amusing! He actually has been to 3 sessions of cranial. But not on a weekly basis. Rather 6 weeks apart. For a different issue though. I will try pushing in more sessions with him. Thank you
And calcium supplements is not as hard to remind than exercise! So will do that too.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 2:15 pm
amother Copper wrote:

at 15 he may have anyways been due for another growth spurt?

can cranial really increase height?

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 2:18 pm
amother Jean wrote:
at 15 he may have anyways been due for another growth spurt?

can cranial really increase height?
Maybe it bring the body into balance and optimizes its function so that if growth is supposed to happen it can happen then?

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 2:21 pm
My brother and uncles grew in college. I had a January wedding and my brother came home from college for thanksgiving and tried his suit on and it was too short. My father had to take him suit shopping on black Friday.

Why do you assume he wont grow anymore at the age of 12?

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 3:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m hoping he’ll still get a growth spurt, but should I try anything? Like hormonal shots? What else is there to do?

Yes, time. Please don’t do a thing. GH only works if there is a deficiency and gets a child to where they would end up anyway.

My 15-year old DS was significantly smaller than his peers until puberty. He was checked out by the Drs and they just told me to wait. He is now taller than me and still growing.

I am sad to hear that so many boys are injecting themselves with GH which can have side effects.

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 4:28 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
Yes, time. Please don’t do a thing. GH only works if there is a deficiency and gets a child to where they would end up anyway.

My 15-year old DS was significantly smaller than his peers until puberty. He was checked out by the Drs and they just told me to wait. He is now taller than me and still growing.

I am sad to hear that so many boys are injecting themselves with GH which can have side effects.

Are people injecting their kids even if there's no deficiency? How do they pay for it?

ap

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 8:35 pm
amother Copper wrote:

Do you have a practioner you recommend

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 3:56 pm
looking for cranial practitioner in london

female

daughterofgod

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 6:02 pm
amother Jean wrote:
do you know the best sources of calcium? (not milk)

I dont like calcium supplements and plant based isnt absorbed as well as animal

You dont need to supplement calcium. You need to help calcium from his diet get absorbed in his body. A deficiency in magnesium or zinc will prevent calcium absorption. Too much calcium in blood is actually bad. So if you are supplementing rather give magnesium than calcium.
Like others have said a healthy diet full of proteins and healthy fats plus minerals and vitamins is best.
Sleep and exercise is also very important.

renslet

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 6:21 pm
Have you seen an endocrinologist? Done blood work? I was sure my daughter would need GH shots but the blood work showed that her thyroid wasn't working. She started synthroid and immediately started growing.
12 is pretty young for a boy. Many boys don't start having growth spurts till 15/16 or even older. Many bar mitzvah boys are still tiny
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children