Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Air bnb w pool anywhere in Florida with minyan

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 12:48 am
Looking somewhere to stay over the weekend close to a shul. Can anyone recommend an air bnb with a pool? Can be anywhere in Florida where it would be cheapest. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

amotheranon

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 2:11 am
Please pm me for info. I have one.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 7:19 am
amotheranon wrote:
Please pm me for info. I have one.
[I]

Is your place okay for shabbos? Meaning are the doors/windows alarmed? Is there a motion detection camera by the front door? Is there a nest thermostat? Is the fridge okay for shabbos?

amother
Caramel

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 9:22 am
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8.....qKFfV

Or cheaper if you book directly from their website: https://www.zenvacationrentals.....tates

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 8:31 am
amother Caramel wrote:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/805772087781204486?source_impression_id=p3_1673902636_ga2a9CbQCIhqKFfV

Or cheaper if you book directly from their website: https://www.zenvacationrentals.....tates

How would swimming work out it this type of place?

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 8:51 am
That doesn't look like the pool is private. I assume you would pay a lot more per night for that

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 8:58 am
I hope you find something, but just be aware that this is very late in the game to try to book for the busiest time of year…
(I live in south Florida, it’s highly unlikely you will find in this area. Maybe try Tampa?)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 9:23 am
There were several houses with pools available for about $200 a night. They were booked for the weekend which I wasn't looking for anyway. I'm not sure how close to a shul they are, we'll be taking out a car so didn't matter much.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 9:30 am
I just saw lots of homes with pools available for this week/weekend on Airbnb.. not even very expensive.
I’m just not sure if I can find tickets for exactly what we want for a good price…
And I’m also not even sure which area would be best for us to stay but I guess I’ll try to find tickets first and take it from there.
It’s true that it’s very late to start looking but there really are houses available and we’ll have a rental car so we don’t need in the most central location.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 10:18 am
amother OP wrote:
There were several houses with pools available for about $200 a night. They were booked for the weekend which I wasn't looking for anyway. I'm not sure how close to a shul they are, we'll be taking out a car so didn't matter much.

Your OP said over the weekend, you likely won’t find walking distance to shuls. But if it’s not weekend, then pick any place in Miami on Airbnb that looks nice and drive to the closest minyan.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 11:24 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
Your OP said over the weekend, you likely won’t find walking distance to shuls. But if it’s not weekend, then pick any place in Miami on Airbnb that looks nice and drive to the closest minyan.

Right. We decided to not stay for the weekend. It got too complicated with reservations so late in the game (flight and air bnb).

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 11:29 am
Just booked tickets for 3 days in Orlando. Staying for shabbos is too complicated.. I don’t know how people do it.
Looking for a place with pool… lots of choices BH. Hope the weather stays nice.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 12:08 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Just booked tickets for 3 days in Orlando. Staying for shabbos is too complicated.. I don’t know how people do it.

Enjoy your vacation!

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 3:56 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:

There are a lot of pop up minyanim in Orlando during vacation times, so they don't specifically have to stay in the shul area, just in a popular vacation area.

amother
Clematis

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 8:00 am
Not all parts of FL are warm enough for swimming this time of year. You certainly want to make sure you have a heated pool.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 8:23 am
amother Clematis wrote:
Not all parts of FL are warm enough for swimming this time of year. You certainly want to make sure you have a heated pool.

Next week it will be in the 80’s in Orlando. Most Airbnbs charge a certain amount per day to heat the pool.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:33 am
amother Clematis wrote:

I wish I would have seen this before booking. Didn't end up enjoying our pool, the water was freezing cold. I didn't go to swim Sad
Twas supposed to be the highlight of my vacation.

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:34 pm
Bumping this up.
Does anyone on live in North Miami or Hollywood that can help me?
I want a place near a Shul since I'm being there over Shabbos?
It's so hard to tell on Airbnb since they don't give you the exact address until you book...

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:41 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Bumping this up.
It's so hard to tell on Airbnb since they don't give you the exact address until you book...

You can always email them For a more exact location

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:58 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Bumping this up.

If you zoom in on the center of the circle on the map, you'll have a very good idea of where the unit is, even without the exact address, certainly enough to be able to tell if it's walking distance to shul or not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics