Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
I'm asking because... (s/o shidduch questions)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

ap

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 6:46 pm
Oops thanks
I forgot..

Did she ever leave the house without blow drying her hair?

Mommyflower

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 8:55 pm
Because we have a mesorah in our house not to use blow dryers. It's very complicated and it goes back to some ptsd with blowing the power in the bunk one summer before Shabbos Nachamu, but we don't like to talk about it. Needless to say, she'll have to be satisfied with airdrying on a sheitel head.

How many sugars does she put in her morning coffee?

newinbp

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 10:41 pm
Asking cuz my son knows that 1 sugar is slightly healthy, 2 is normal, 3 is a little much, 4 is pre diabetic, 5 is a little neurotic and he once called it off with someone who dropped the spoon when she saw him staring and counting, it's super important here.
Does she use Uber or Lyft?

Lake

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 10:45 pm
Asking cuz we teach our children from a very young age to never get into a car with a stranger and this would be violating the foundation of his chinuch.
How often does she refill her car with gas?

newinbp

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:16 pm
Asking cuz at 1/4 left in the tank he will exit the highway to refill, no buts about it and we want the same for our daughter in law.
How often does he buy a new sefer?

ap

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:23 pm
I'm asking because we buy our soninlaws seforim shanks and expect them to be filled up

Which brand shirts does he wear?

boysrus

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:35 pm
ap wrote:
I'm asking because we buy our soninlaws seforim shanks and expect them to be filled up

Which brand shirts does he wear?

just asking because in our family the only shirt that we wear is Charles Tyrwhitt. Anything else is poor quality and pas nisht for our mishpucha.

How long does he take to bentch after meals?

newinbp

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:41 pm
Just asking because anything short of 45 minutes would mean he lacks kavanah. And if he eats mezonos bread there's nothing even to talk about here.
Does he learn b'chevrusa or by himself?

GLUE

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:46 pm
newinbp wrote:
Just asking because anything short of 45 minutes would mean he lacks kavanah. And if he eats mezonos bread there's nothing even to talk about here.
Does he learn b'chevrusa or by himself?

I am only asking because my daughter is a very high maintenance girl and wants to go on vacation at lest 2x a month.
If he learns b'chevrusa he might not want to take my daughter on vacation because he has a commitment to someone.

Does he know how to cook?

Pandabeer

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 8:53 am
Only asking because my daughter, after spending the year in lofty seminary - plans to learn in keilel for at least 5 years and expects her husband to pick up childcare, cooking, bringing in the money, running errands etc. I have a very cheisheve daughter.

Does your family vaccinate

mollie21

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 9:31 am
Im asking because my daughter is dearly afraid of needles and won't be able to take the children to get their vaccines, so he will have to be in charge of taking them.

Does he mind if she eats only vegan?

Tof Umachol

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 4:47 am
I'm asking because my daughter exists on bread and water, to be מקיים the mishna in Avos "פת במלח תאכל ...". She couldn't marry anyone who would expect her to cook or serve anything other than that.

Does she take her coffee black or with milk?

GLUE

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 10:31 am
Tof Umachol wrote:
I'm asking because my daughter exists on bread and water, to be מקיים the mishna in Avos "פת במלח תאכל ...". She couldn't marry anyone who would expect her to cook or serve anything other than that.

Does she take her coffee black or with milk?

I am only asking because my son has such bad allergies to milk he can't be in the same house as milk.

Does she know how to knit?

ap

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 5:35 am
I'm asking because every daughter-in-law in the family must be approved by great aunt henny
She grew up in Der heim and holds that the sign of a gelungene girl is her well knitted garment

Does he daven vasikin?

Tof Umachol

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 9:40 am
ap wrote:

Does he daven vasikin?

I'm asking because my daughter always rises before dawn and would love to join him in shul.

How often does he polish his shoes?

tweety1

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 11:56 am
Tof Umachol wrote:
I'm asking because my daughter always rises before dawn and would love to join him in shul.

How often does he polish his shoes?

I'm asking because his Rosh Yeshiva polishes his shoes 2x a day because he says it's k'vod hatorah. His rosh yeshiva goes on to say that anything less shows a פגם in chashivas hatorah.

Does he take long bathroom breaks?

Mimisimi

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 12:19 pm
I'm asking cause my daughter has PTSD from a sibling that vanished down the toilet drain after being in too long in the bathroom.

Does he wear deodorant? ( without reminders)

tweety1

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 12:49 pm
Mimisimi wrote:
I'm asking cause my daughter has PTSD from a sibling that vanished down the toilet drain after being in too long in the bathroom.

Does he wear deodorant? ( without reminders)

I'm asking because I need to know if dd will able to sit close to him. (Without wearing nose clip)

Does he put a cover onto his hotcup with coffee or prefers to drink without the cover?

Mimisimi

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 1:01 pm
I'm asking cause not putting a cover on a hot drink equals spilled coffee? My DD is way to perfect for such mishaps.

Does he have a history of bedwetting?

newinbp

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 1:10 pm
Asking because this is for sure genetic and not a wanted trait in the family. Does he have a history of thumb sucking?
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics