Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mishloach manos in class jars

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 11:31 am
I bought really pretty glass jars and im trying to decide what to put inside. theyre wide and short with a silver lid that screws on.
Some ideas where layered dry soup ingredients with cooking instructions
Layered colorful salad
layered homemade cake mix with recipe and instructions attached
STacked up cookies
other ideas were not as pretty but possibly more yummy like sesame noodles
Will people just throw it out if its ingredients or wil people use it?
I know it wont fulfil the mitzvah but im also giving other things to other people.

bsy

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 12:30 pm
I wouldn't start cooking a whole soup with one jar of ingredients..... What about making a trifle?

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 12:36 pm
I would do a layered salad without lettuce to avoid sogginess. Maybe quinoa with colorful veggies, layered aesthetically or a corn salad with colorful veggies.
I did this when I was post seminary and tied a bow around the neck of the jar and tucked in plastic cutlery in coordinating color to the label. Was pretty.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 12:37 pm
Hot chocolate mix with marshmallows?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 12:38 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
I would do a layered salad without lettuce to avoid sogginess. Maybe quinoa with colorful veggies, layered aesthetically or a corn salad with colorful veggies.
I did this when I was post seminary and tied a bow around the neck of the jar and tucked in plastic cutlery in coordinating color to the label. Was pretty.

sounds nice!
I had in mind a salad someone made for my daughters kiddush in a big triffle bowl with shredded carrots, corn, peas, lots of different colorful things, it was so pretty and so yummy but I'll have to get her contact info for the recipe

amother
Mintgreen

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 12:40 pm
Leaving aside the mitzvah, I don't want to get a gift that forces me to work. No thanks to the cake mix or soup ingredients. I won't have time on Purim, and chances are I'll misplace the jar. I like to unpack things as they come into the house. What would I do with this?

Layered salad (that can survive outside the fridge) is cute.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 12:40 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Hot chocolate mix with marshmallows?

Thats a good idea. I was actually originally planning to dress my baby as a marshmellow and send packaged smores ingredients and write on the label "sending you s'more simchas purim" but I really liked these jars so went with this instead, though I can sort of incorporate both if I hot cocoa and marshmsllows and get her a marshmallow costume

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 12:44 pm
I've eaten ready to eat ones, but didn't keep any that required prep to eat.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 12:59 pm
Cake jars! You can layer with crushed graham and lemon curd and whipped cream (in lieu of meringue) or shortcake, whipped cream and strawberries. My friend did this and was pretty and delicious.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics