Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What wig- nursing school clinicals

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 6:32 pm
I'm very excited to be starting nursing school iyh! Any nursing students or nurses have recommendations on the best sheitel for clinicals? My hair must be kept up.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 6:33 pm
Wunderwig is the best for this

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 7:56 pm
You’ll be much better off in some kind of tight bandanna, especially if you’ll be wearing scrubs. Why would you even bother with a wig?

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 7:57 pm
Definitely wunderwig.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 7:58 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
You’ll be much better off in some kind of tight bandanna, especially if you’ll be wearing scrubs. Why would you even bother with a wig?

I also feel most comfortable wearing a pony sheitel as a nurse. Different people are more comfortable with different things.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 8:12 pm
Speaking from experience, N-95 masks (which go over your head) rip the Sheitel hairs, so I switched to tichels and beanies at work.

Mazal tov on getting into nursing!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 8:15 pm
Thank you everyone! I don't feel comfortable in a bandana. I'm already gonna stick out wearing my skirt 🙈
Around how much does a wunderwig cost?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 9:17 pm
I'm a PA and don't want to wear a real wig to work for specific reasons. I buy a cheap 25$ one on Amazon and buy a new one every 6 months or so...

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 3:41 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you everyone! I don't feel comfortable in a bandana. I'm already gonna stick out wearing my skirt 🙈

I am not the only one on the wards wearing a skirt, nor am I the only one with my head covered.

Since covid, many people wear scrub caps and beanies where I work (OOT).
I am just saying you won't necessarily stick out.
I bought scrub skirts from a store called Uniform Advantage, and they sell 6 different skirts, in addition to their selection of pants and tops.

I own a wunderwig, and it is too expensive for me to risk wearing it with an N-95 mask.

I hear you when you say you don't want 'to be the only one'..... But I suspect that the group with be heterogeneous enough that you won't stand out, regardless of what you wear Hug

jeweled

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 4:03 am
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I'm a PA and don't want to wear a real wig to work for specific reasons. I buy a cheap 25$ one on Amazon and buy a new one every 6 months or so...

Can you post a link ? Does it look real?

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 4:14 am
amother OP wrote:

Sweetheart everyone covers their hair at the hospital. Go with a pretty bandana that matches your scrubs and rock the skirt with immense pride!!

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 4:37 am
Pre covid, everyone I knew wore a band fall in a pony. Now, a pretied bandana. You don't stand out that much, because others wear bandanas too, and not just frum people.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 4:51 am
Just chiming in to say that I was in the hospital this week and the non Jewish nurse was wearing a bandana :Smile

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 6:17 am
If you look around, there are head coverings made specially for nurses, without any religious significance.

This is one of my current favourites.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R.....ss_tl

There are lots if other brands and designs.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 1:04 pm
amother OP wrote:

About $1000
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels