Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Umbrella Insurance- which company and how much?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:17 pm
If you have umbrella insurance, which company did you get it through and how much does it cover and how much does it cost? We called one company but the quote seemed expensive.
Does umbrella insurance through a home owners policy, cover a spouse if they're not listed as owner of the house or adult child or only the actual homeowner?

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:56 pm
My experience is that I needed to get the umbrella policy through my insurance company. You can’t just get a policy without having insurance because umbrella policies are a supplement to your primary insurance.

As I recall, mine is through my auto insurance company and they needed to know I had adequate insurance for that. Mine is for $3 million and it is relatively inexpensive - maybe $300 or so. That is because it is so unlikely that it will ever be needed.

Mine covers all kinds of potential liability and nit just auto accidents of course.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 2:40 am
If I'm not mistaken you need the umbrella coverage to be more than your assets. We own a home plus have cars, 1 million was enough. We pay around 250 a year

We use the same place that take care of our house and car insurance.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 6:22 am
We called up our car insurance company but they wanted 1100 for 1 or 2 million, which is a lot. 200-500 is reasonable.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 7:04 am
We had umbrella insurance through Geico 6 years ago. It was around $200. After my husband had an accident, Geico dropped the umbrella insurance!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 7:25 am
amother Indigo wrote:
We had umbrella insurance through Geico 6 years ago. It was around $200. After my husband had an accident, Geico dropped the umbrella insurance!
Sad How much was the coverage for? Did u go through a different company after?
geico was the one that quoted us 1100 which is a lot more than it should be.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 9:39 am
Bump

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 3:01 pm
??

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 9:38 pm
Does umbrella insurance through a home owners policy, cover a spouse if they're not listed as owner of the house or adult child or only the actual homeowner?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries