Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Timely- dahill mikvah
Previous  1  2

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 10:50 am
tweety1 wrote:
And 2x I had an horrendous experience. Once with the ML not knowing the very basic halacha. I almost ran out of there crying untill she finally let me dip. Nothing having to do with chumra, satmar or whatever. The basic halacha she didn't know and she was yelling at me that I don't know what I'm talking about.

was once yelled at to cut my nails because there was white showing.

ML belittled me and my very choshuva rov, mocking my tone and sarcasticly saying 'oh I knowwww if the nails arent showing on other side you dont need to cut it more riighhttt"

no thats not what I said, I said the white part of my nails show even tho its cut short. she made me cut it shorter till the pinkish part of my nail showed under nail.

left in a horrible mood, and havent gone back even tho its so much nicer then the others

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 11:05 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
Nope. No appointment needed.

I've been married 7 years now. And went every month for many of those years.
I've cried so many times after using the community ones. I am so so much happier at Dahill.

{HUGS} besuros tovos! thanks so much for the info! do you ever have to wait for a room?

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 11:17 am
It's probably better if you make an appt.

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 11:31 am
amother Khaki wrote:
{HUGS} besuros tovos! thanks so much for the info! do you ever have to wait for a room?

I have children bh. But they take work lol.

Yes, you may have to. Best is if you arrive a few minutes before opening. Open at candle lighting time.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 6:51 pm
I don't get it why they are so strict there. The place is beautiful but I had already a couple of bad experiences there. Once the ML literally put my feet to her eyes and was checking my toe nails. Literally in her face. It's fine. You don't need to check out every tiny teeny part of my body.
I had them cut my nails even shorter then short.
I had ML rub my skin with washcloth and water and baking soda and kept trying to get off something that I told her is just part of my skin.... After she tried and scrubbed and nothing came off. She said "I guess your right..." 🙄

I go because it's right near me and it's beautiful and no pressure with time. BUT I did have quite a few unpleasant experiences.

I don't get it. Why can't they trust us? We're adults and can decide for ourselves if it's ok or not.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur