Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How do you feel about Chassidish levush as a Purim costume
Previous  1  2  3  4

Do you think it's disrespectful for a non-Chossid to dress up as a Chossid for Purim
Yes  
 20%  [ 47 ]
No  
 79%  [ 187 ]
Total Votes : 234

dankbar

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 7:11 am
amother Marigold wrote:
I have no issue with this

I also dont mind when non jews dress up as chassidim as long as it is not in a derogatory manner
This is fine

This is offensive and antisemitic

This second pic, mix and matched from all types of Jews. They're clearly confused and it's not authentic at all, and not a chssidish couple.

Wearing a shtreimel with a short jacket suit?

While some chassidim wear short suits, it's for weekday and shtreimels are for shabbos. Woman is not compatible with husband who wears long peyos and long beard.

cbsp

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 7:27 am
dankbar wrote:
This second pic, mix and matched from all types of Jews. They're clearly confused and it's not authentic at all, and not a chssidish couple.

Wearing a shtreimel with a short jacket suit?

While some chassidim wear short suits, it's for weekday and shtreimels are for shabbos. Woman is not compatible with husband who wears long peyos and long beard.

The second Pic is a Halloween costume. The wagon and its contents put it in the offensive category for me. But Halloween costumes are meant to be offensive, so it technically isn't something that would bother me. HOWEVER, if we're going to be lambasted and scrutinized for how we're being culturally insensitive and appropriating then yeah, this shouldn't be ok.

I was more offended by the pro vaccine NJ billboards featuring a chassidish-ish dressed (Amish?) dude (with a necklace no less!) boasting about how he's now going to be able to go to Shabbat dinner and visit with friends.

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 8:14 pm
I think it's a cute costume. We're. Chasidish and we've done yurshalmi. Chabad..
The only issue I have with costumes that ppl don't realize. Is that it's not cute to mimic the fat man's belly. And his inability to walk. Not is it nice to dress as a shluchy Rebitzin with dusty shoes and slouchy tights.. a neat sweet rebetzin ..anytime.
When my daughter wanted to be a bubby.I didn't let her make a hunchback.its not funny.
That said... Stuttering is not fun... Pls don't mimik it...
I'm done
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics