Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Why am I so hungry after I eat?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 8:20 am
I’m the type who wakes up starving.
I can’t really do much in the morning until I eat.
I’m around 15 pounds overweight. Always being careful so I don’t gain anymore…
I usually follow weight watchers where each food item is worth a certain amount of points. I like this system because I can eat almost anything in moderation.
In the morning I drink a coffee with Splenda and unsweetened almond milk. I eat a small prepackaged pastry (which is 6 points). That used to make me feel satisfied for hours. These days when I’m done eating I just feel so unsatisfied… I’m still so hungry. Weight watchers sells small snack bags which I buy so right after my breakfast I eat a small snack bag of popped chips-(2 points). I’m still so hungry. I guess I can try drinking a few cups of water but I hate having to run to the bathroom all morning.
I do not like to eat fruits and vegetables in the morning ..or eggs. That’s what I usually eat for lunch.
I’m eating filling food. I used to be fine till lunch. Why am I still so hungry after breakfast??

hg76

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 8:35 am
Pastries and pop chips for breakfast aren’t filling foods 😫 Try protein for breakfast (doesn’t have to be eggs)

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 8:38 am
You need real breakfast instead of snacks. What about a ww sandwich with cheese or peanut butter? Or a bowl of cereal or oatmeal with protein?

amother
Darkblue

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 8:50 am
You definitely need something more filling. Maybe add some oatmeal with your pastry or a greek yogurt?

tichellady

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 9:26 am
do you like chia pudding? peanut butter and rice cakes?

mha3484

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 10:08 am
I eat a lot of non traditional breakfast food. But a pastry and a snack is not filling. I would be hungry too.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 10:17 am
Maybe I will try having whole wheat bread with pb2 (low calorie peanut butter alternative) or whole wheat bread with melted reduced fat cheese… just takes more time in the morning but I can try..
for some reason I don’t like eating cold things in the morning like yogurt and fruit.. I do eat that later on in the day with either tuna, salmon or eggs
I’m just wondering why the small pastry with coffee used to satisfy me (for years) and now it doesn’t anymore.

amother
Darkblue

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 10:40 am
amother OP wrote:
Maybe I will try having whole wheat bread with pb2 (low calorie peanut butter alternative) or whole wheat bread with melted reduced fat cheese… just takes more time in the morning but I can try..
for some reason I don’t like eating cold things in the morning like yogurt and fruit.. I do eat that later on in the day with either tuna, salmon or eggs
I’m just wondering why the small pastry with coffee used to satisfy me (for years) and now it doesn’t anymore.

Well if your dieting is new, you are not eating as much during the day and therefore probably need to fill up more in the morning.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 10:54 am
amother Darkblue wrote:
Well if your dieting is new, you are not eating as much during the day and therefore probably need to fill up more in the morning.

No it’s not a new way of eating. I’ve been doing this for years

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 11:02 am
Probably because homeostasis is causing you to produce more insulin to keep your blood sugar in range. Some people react to excess insulin by having a strong need to eat. That’s how I got to 300+ pounds.

Once I stopped eating things that produced that in me, my eating settled down.

I can’t say what it will take for you to lose weight since I’ve never successfully gotten within 15 pounds of a goal weight, but this might make it more comfortable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise