Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Anyone have that child has accidents all the tim

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 1:34 pm
At 5? Never was trained.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 1:38 pm
Every child I know like this has a serious developmental or medical thing going on.

The child needs to be evaluated for autism, and possibly for diabetes.

There could also be kidney or bowel issues... If a child hasn't been trained at all by 5, I would red flag that.

justforfun87

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 1:39 pm
What do you mean never been trained? Were they toilet trained and then now having accidents or still at 5 unable to be trained?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 1:48 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
What do you mean never been trained? Were they toilet trained and then now having accidents or still at 5 unable to be trained?

Still not trained.

amother
Forsythia

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 1:59 pm
Have you been to a pediatric urologist yet? I had a kid with constant accidents but she was officially trained as in understood the process. We ran a lot of tests to rule out physical issues and it was determined that she had extremely low muscle tone which means her muscles weren’t tight enough to fully hold it in. We were told we could try medication but at that point it was getting better. Definitely rule out physical issues.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 2:22 pm
May be very constipated , may have a muscle issue. If this child isn’t developmentally delayed in any other area, you should most definitely rule out any medical or physical issue.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 2:22 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
Have you been to a pediatric urologist yet? I had a kid with constant accidents but she was officially trained as in understood the process. We ran a lot of tests to rule out physical issues and it was determined that she had extremely low muscle tone which means her muscles weren’t tight enough to fully hold it in. We were told we could try medication but at that point it was getting better. Definitely rule out physical issues.

yes but she wasnt very good who did you use?

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 2:24 pm
Yes and he’s 7. Whatever we tried helped for 2-3 weeks then he’s back to old habits. I already tried the MOP method too.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 2:24 pm
Some causes to look into

Pelvic floor dysfunction
Weak core
Diabetes or blood sugar issues
Dysautonomia
Hidden Allergies
Chronic infections
Yeast
Constipation
Vassopressin deficiency
Tongue tie, bad bite, small jaw, high palate, mouth breathing, apnea, enlarged tonsils and or adenoids
Gluten or dairy intolerance
Parasites

Is your child otherwise typically developing?

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 2:30 pm
Dc is 10. We’ve been to 3 urologists, ot, psychiatrists, therapists etc. and in the end I’d say what has helped most is time. They are finally starting to get it. But we ruled out all physical reasons multiple times so I would urge you to see another urologist or two.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 2:32 pm
amother Lemon wrote:

Gluten or dairy intolerance

This also makes a big difference, Dc is not entirely off gluten and dairy but if they have too much the wetting is much worse.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training