Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
Story in jewish newspaper

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 6:17 am
Has anyone read the story in one of the jewish newspapers (not Haimishe ones) about the son who is taking his father to court based on a financial argument. He first went to 2 separate botei din. Each one ruled in the father's favour. The son ignored their ruling and is now taking his own father to a non jewish court.

The father is so ashamed of his son that he has gone to the jewish newspaper with the story.

What harm does this kind of thing do for others who want to take a case to the Bais Din? Also in financial matters it is strongly forbidden to take a jew (even more so your own father) to a non jewish court.
Does anybody know more about this?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 6:26 am
I don't know anything about this. But - if the father were ashamed, he'd be hushing the story up, not taking it to Jewish newspapers. Sounds like he's trying to embarrass his son. And it sounds like the son believes his father only got a favorable ruling in beis din because of his position in frum society.

While I don't know what happens the UK, I can tell you that in the US, pretty much every sect of Chassidim has taken opponents to secular courts over financial issues.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 6:46 am
I’m not sure what your point in posting about this is.
Yes this happens pretty often, it’s unfortunate.
I’m not sure what more you will learn about this here, other than a bit of lashing hara.

Hidden

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 6:48 am
And it sounds like the son believes his father only got a favorable ruling in beis din because of his position in frum society.

Well that's a much bigger issue if it's true...

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 6:49 am
amother Junglegreen wrote:
I’m not sure what your point in posting about this is.
Yes this happens pretty often, it’s unfortunate.
I’m not sure what more you will learn about this here, other than a bit of lashing hara.

I hate such posts.

Just because you don't see the point, she shouldn't post?

You chose to open this thread. Scroll by.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 7:00 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
I hate such posts.

I get it people like to gossip, but that’s all this post is about, gossiping about some random personal affairs of a random Jewish family, usually just so that the OP can get on a soapbox and tell us how terrible it is too go to secular court.
Unless she’s been living under a rock, unfortunately there are hundreds of Jewish families at any given time arguing about financial disputes and sometimes it’s necessary to go to non Jewish courts.
But let’s not pretend that to discuss it is pure gossip.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 7:00 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
I hate such posts.

Its 100% loshon hora, thats y.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 7:03 am
I get it people like to gossip, but that’s all this post is about, gossiping about some random personal affairs of a random Jewish family, usually just so that the OP can get on a soapbox and tell us how terrible it is too go to secular court.
Unless she’s been living under a rock, unfortunately there are hundreds of Jewish families at any given time arguing about financial disputes and sometimes it’s necessary to go to non Jewish courts.

I know nothing about those people involved but why are bumping up this thread if you think it's wrong?

Beats me.

That's why I say, scroll by.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 7:11 am
amother OP wrote:

The father is so ashamed of his son that he has gone to the jewish newspaper with the story.

I don't know anything about this story but this sentence doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Is there an explanation?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 7:35 am
I did not post this story for no reason at all.

We were taken to court on a financial matter and it caused very strong feelings because a Rov involved said it is a very grave sin to take jews to non jewish court on financial matters so whether it goes on in America or not is totally besides the point.

This story was another horrible reminder of what we went through so when I saw it, I thought that I would share it on Imamother.

Ruchi

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 8:42 am

Again you are at it.
Ohhh just stop will you.

If you don’t like something no need to put down the op and pathologise about her intentions. This is rediculous and mean too.

In future, please try and control yourself, close the thread and move on.

Last edited by Ruchi on Sun, Jan 22 2023, 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruchi

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 8:45 am
amother OP wrote:
Has anyone read the story in one of the jewish newspapers (not Haimishe ones) about the son who is taking his father to court based on a financial argument. He first went to 2 separate botei din. Each one ruled in the father's favour. The son ignored their ruling and is now taking his own father to a non jewish court.

What harm does this kind of thing do for others who want to take a case to the Bais Din? Also in financial matters it is strongly forbidden to take a jew (even more so your own father) to a non jewish court.
Does anybody know more about this?

One needs a heter arkaos to go to secular courts.

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 8:55 am
Is it lashon hara if it was already publicized in a newspaper? Isn't it important to talk about frum issues? Learn a few things? Otherwise things can never change. Think about waldner, if they wouldn't have gone to the paper...

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 8:56 am
Double post

Ruchi

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 9:12 am
amother Begonia wrote:
Is it lashon hara if it was already publicized in a newspaper? Isn't it important to talk about frum issues? Learn a few things? Otherwise things can never change. Think about waldner, if they wouldn't have gone to the paper...

Might sound crazy to say this but the truth is that If they wouldn’t have gone to the papers, you can be very sure that women and children would still be being abused by him

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 11:17 am
Ruchi wrote:
Again you are at it.
Ohhh just stop will you.

If you don’t like something no need to put down the op and pathologise about her intentions. This is rediculous and mean too.

In future, please try and control yourself, close the thread and move on.

Who am I? That you feel like you can set a personal attack against me?
I’ve never posted about this topic before, why have I triggered you so much???

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 11:55 am
Junglegreen,

I am the op of this post and I don't know who Ruchi is but she does have a point.

You began "I get it people like to gossip, that's all this post is about".

The point of this post was not at all about gossiping and even if you feel that way, there are NICE WAYS of getting a point across but you made your point in a very not nice way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries