Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Post vacation blues

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 11:48 am
Yes I’m grateful I got away.
That being said it was so $$$$ and many things didn’t work out. Now I’m back and I’m finding myself very cranky and snappy .
How do I get myself out of this funk?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 12:17 pm
We just got back and I think it's a hard transition and it's okay to give yourself some time. I also know that I came back too A whole week's worth of laundry to take care of and an empty house full of food. So it's jumping right back into everything full swing. If I had a couple days to settle in it might be easier. We travel at least once a year and some of the things that remember the most and laugh about the most and have inside family jokes about are the things that went wrong. We went on a trip about 5 years ago that was a ski trip and literally everything that can go wrong did go wrong with somehow we have such fun memories from the trip and the crazy things like the car breaking down on the way and the lady saying we still all the towels somehow at the time was absolutely horrible but now many years later it's a big family joke. Hopefully you'll have the same. I think also expectations that everything is supposed to be perfect on a trip or hard. Nothing ever works out perfectly and we just have to learn to roll with the punches..

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:32 am
In the future plan a small treat for when you get back. This can be a special food dessert, a mini-trip to a nearby attraction, dinner out or ordered in, an appointment to a hairdresser or massage, something ordered online to be delivered in your absence, whatever works for you. Maybe even just to go out for coffee with a friend.

And while we all like to maximize the length of our stay at a vacation site, if you find yourself getting majorly dejected when you return, consider planning slightly shorter trips and leaving yourself a day or two to decompress and transition to the daily routine.

It helps me a lot to make sure the house in neat and clean before we leave so it's neat and clean when we get back. Nothing depresses me like coming back to a mess, so it's worth the effort to clean up before we leave, even if it means getting up with the chickens. I try to catch up with the laundry before we leave, so when we get back I have to deal with only the clothes in our suitcases and not three hampers full of stuff from before.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics