Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Conventional vs free range/grass fed

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 5:25 pm
I keep reading how grass fed chicken, cheese, milk, free range egss etc have more nutrients and minerals than conventional.

does that mean that these healthier foods also have alot more protein?

like is there more protein in a free range egg than in a non free range?

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 6:27 pm
They are healthier because they have more micronutrients and less of the bad stuff. Not because of how much protein they contain, but incidentally grass fed beef tends to be leaner than conventional because they are not confined.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 7:07 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
They are healthier because they have more micronutrients and less of the bad stuff. Not because of how much protein they contain, but incidentally grass fed beef tends to be leaner than conventional because they are not confined.

why only micronutrients and not more protein?

I will explain more.

I try to do my best regarding the growth of my kids ( dont need advice about doctores endo's etc)

reading how protein is so important for good growth I thought the healthier the chicken, cheese, milk, eggs the more protein it has?

so I am not even giving my kids more protein with grass fed beef, liver, chicken etc?

I understand the other health benefits but regarding growth it makes no diff?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 3:52 am
what then is high quality protein?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 7:26 am
amother OP wrote:
what then is high quality prorein?
In my understanding high quality protein is protein without the bad stuff. And with more of the good stuff. Why would you think it's more?

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 8:33 am
This is how I see it
Feed your kids THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD

IMHO- these words mean nothing. This is what I understand. I may be wrong
Free Range just means that for a FEW hours a day they give the animals time to be out, but the door to go out is tiny, for one animal to be able to go out at a time. But the feed is still garbage

Grass Fed- does not necessarily mean from start to finish. It means that at some point the animal was fed grass. Could even mean grass full of pesticides, antibiotics, etc.

You could try regulated organic
But it’s so expensive that it’s not sustainable

All that being said
I’ve been buying my WHITE eggs at Whole Foods
If I’m going to be paying an arm and a leg I might as well buy something that is better. By me (close by so I’m not wasting gas) Whole Foods has the cheapest eggs.
The yolks are SUPER orange.
I just hope it’s actually better and not manipulated garbage

If you are worried about protein you could add an organic pea protein powder. Just make sure it’s a good one

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 1:36 pm
I actually am very happy with the farm where my eggs come from. the chickens are out most of the day.

I just want to know if higher quality protein has a better effect growth wise than poorer quality protein?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 1:37 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
In my understanding high quality protein is protein without the bad stuff. And with more of the good stuff. Why would you think it's more?

what is the bad stuff/good stuff?

good stuff you mean protein with more vitamins and minerals?

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 1:43 pm
Grass fed animals have more omega 3 and less harmful omega 6.

Organic means no gmo, pesticides, maybe no antibiotics.

Pastured animals have more vitamin d.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 1:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
what is the bad stuff/good stuff?

good stuff you mean protein with more vitamins and minerals?
Good stuff is fat soluble vitamins a,e,d,k , omega 3s, choline for eggs, iron, manganese and whatever other minerals, tryptophan and other amino acids.

The bad stuff is pesticides, soy, corn and other garbage feeds, antibiotics, growth hormones etc

If mineral or nutrient deficiencies are part of why your children are not growing, this may help then grow better. It may also give them a stronger foundation so their body can do what it needs. I doubt it's an actual protein deficiency, our protein needs as humans aren't that high and most of us get more than enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics