Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitelmachers: Diff. between 2 Lace Front Irene Sheitels

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 7:47 pm
I see and feel major differences between 2 Lace Front Irene Sheitels, that I bought by 2 different Sheitelmachers.

How much of the net looking "lace" should be seen on woman's forehead?

On a new Lace front sheitel (pictured left), theres 1/2" of the lace (net) showing on the forehead, when worn, with no hair sewn on the net.

Was that a mistake?

On an older lace front Sheitel (pictured right), 1/4" of the lace (net) showing on the forehead, when worn, and has lots of hair sewn on the net.

Also both are Irene size larges, same Irene Sheitel, and the caps are totally different sizes from temple to temple.

Old one (sheitel on right) is much more natural and much more comfortable.

What differences do you notice between these 2 Sheitels?

Tia for any tips you can offer.

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 7:56 pm
You can add hair to the hairline and alter the cap so it fits better on your temples

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 8:04 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
You can add hair to the hairline and alter the cap so it fits better on your temples

Shouldnt the Sheitelmacher have added this hair, and trimmed the lace/net?

amother
Bone

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 8:04 pm
The construction of both looks different. I'm wondering if one was originally a regular wig and altered to add the lace? Any idea?

amother
Bone

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 8:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
Shouldnt the Sheitelmacher have added this hair, and trimmed the lace/net?

You get longer life if the lace isn't trimmed all the way to the hair. Like that when it frays you just trim a bit more.
The lace without hair isn't covering your hairline, it should be sitting on your skin (and blending in hopefully).
If you cut the lace close to the hair it'll look more natural but once it frays you are stuck because you don't want to cut off hair when you trim the frayed lace.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 8:07 pm
amother Bone wrote:
The construction of both looks different. I'm wondering if one was originally a regular wig and altered to add the lace? Any idea?

I would assume a Sheitelmacher would know better than me. No one told me that this was done.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 8:10 pm
amother Bone wrote:
You get longer life if the lace isn't trimmed all the way to the hair. Like that when it frays you just trim a bit more.
The lace without hair isn't covering your hairline, it should be sitting on your skin (and blending in hopefully).
If you cut the lace close to the hair it'll look more natural but once it frays you are stuck because you don't want to cut off hair when you trim the frayed lace.

That may be so, but I think in this case, the new one looks like net across my forehead. No girl's forehead looks like that. I didnt notice the difference until I compared to the older Sheitel.

amother
Dimgray

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 8:32 pm
When I bought my lace front the SM said I could pay extra to have hair added to the lace and make the hairline look more natural. I declined, but I'm surprised you weren't offered that as an option. I wonder if the older wig was customized by someone who then decided not to buy? But like you said an SM should know more.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 3:56 pm
It looks like the lace on the left was not filled in. It should either be cut closer to your hairline or filled in with hair. The wigs might be constructed slightly differently because they are from different years which might explain why one is more comfortable, also, it's possible that the older one got more stretched out and comfortable over time. Definitely bring back the new one and have her either fill in the lace or trim it shorter. You should not have a half an inch of lace without hair on your forehead, maximum 1/4 inch should be visible
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels