Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Pareve ice cream flavors

suomynona

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 11:10 am
What flavors do you add to a standard white pareve ice cream recipe? I'm looking for new ideas.

I usually make a lemon ice cream. I add lemon juice to the ice cream. I make a graham cracker crust on bottom, and sprinkle the leftover crumbs on top.

Another recipe is to make "crunch" and mix it into the ice cream. The crunch is made of crushed corn flakes or rice crispies mixed with peanut butter & melted chocolate. Freeze before mixing into the ice cream.

If anyone wants exact recipes, I can post them.

girliesmommy

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 11:14 am
suomynona wrote:

If anyone wants exact recipes, I can post them.

Please do! Especially the crunch one... sounds delicious!

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 11:19 am
Chocolate, peppermint w/h or w/hout chocolate chip and if u don't add the green it could still be white, vanilla, butterscotch, yum yum Wink

hadasa

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 11:27 am
I add jello to make strawberry or any other (admittedly artificial) flavor. Of course, you can also add real fruit.

girliesmommy

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 12:34 pm
Can someone post a good basic recipe that they use? One that work with the above suggestions!
Thanks!

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 1:10 pm
Can be used 4 choc, strawberry or any flavour and yes real fruit does make a difference.
From spice and spirit though quite modified Exclamation I use 16oz pareve nutri dessert whip, 2 eggs, if I use cocoa then I will add 4tbs cocoa to 1/2 cup of sugar whip for approx 4 min till thick and creamy but also to make sure egg is totaly mixed. It officialy yeilds 20 portions but w/h my crew guests and doubles it never gets to that amount. Rolling Eyes
Now if one doesn't or can't get hold of cocoa I've heard the jello pareve puddings can do the trick and then no sugar is needed.
Strawberrys r anyway sweet so none if any sugar is needed. Now one can make it w/hout eggs but not the same imo. G- Luck Very Happy
Note I've been guilty of being caught adding rum into it too for special occassions and what I love to do is marbelize it so I will make two seperate nad cut thru w/h a knife just as if u were making a cake..... except don't bake Wink

Pecans r also nice to add which I've done plus making it 4 an ice cream roll or putting it into a pie crust.

Nutri whip is also good on the taste buds though not the weight Tongue Out for trifles

lucky

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 3:39 pm
Easy Praline Ice Cream Very Happy

1/2 can praline paste
16 oz. pareve whip
10 eggs separated
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Beat whip till stiff. Set aside. Beat egg whites with sugar till stiff, add yolks one at a time, add vanilla, and praline. mix well. Combine very gently with whip.

You can use this recipe minus the praline,as a basic ice cream. Very Happy

suomynona

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 7:33 am
To make the crunch:

3 1/2 c. crushed corn flakes
2/3 c. peanut butter
7 oz. melted choc.

mix together & freeze. Then break into chunks & mix into ice cream.

it's hard to break into chunks until you defrost it.

shayna82

Post Mon, Oct 10 2005, 10:31 pm
LUCKY- I made your ice cream for rosh hashana.. the prailne one and it was so aaaaawesome.. everyone loved it, really easy to make.. it was soo good.
thanks a bunch

lucky

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 12:04 am
I made the praline ice cream for succos, but I keep noshing from it. I had to put it in my bsmt. freezer, otherwise I wouldn't have any left over for yom tov.

Shayna, glad you liked it.

shayna82

Post Wed, Oct 19 2005, 7:54 pm
lucky, im making it again for shabbos.. eventhoug its cold, but ill serve it with warm apple pie. I to, was noshing from it way too much,and I have a gown to fit into soon...

thanks again for this hit recipe!

Tovah

Post Wed, Oct 19 2005, 9:40 pm
I make that crunch one it's very good.

daisy

Post Thu, Oct 20 2005, 6:23 pm
who makes praline paste?

lucky

Post Thu, Oct 20 2005, 6:38 pm
I use Bakers Choice. I don't know of any other company that makes it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics