Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Baby not wearing coat or socks
Previous  1  2  3  Next

nelliesmellie

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 3:37 pm
You need to insist that your mother keep her thoughts to herself. YOU NEED TO INSIST THAT YOUR MITHER KEEP HER THOUGHTS TO HERSELF! If I were your husband my ears would also be closed. Unless there is more to your situation, it sounds like your very vocal mother has convinced you that you need to do most of the childcare because your husband is inept. Count your blessings that he wants to let you nap and can take the baby out of your hair without you begging. And that he still allows your mother in your life!

imaima

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 3:44 pm
Why is he waking a sleeping baby to take her to Target?
Such a weird thing to do

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 3:47 pm
Your mother is feeding your bad thoughts about your husband. If you are not careful she will tear apart your marriage.
Consider yourself warned.

hello3

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 3:51 pm
I have five kids. All my kids hated socks. They’d pull them right off the minute I put them on. People used to comment all the time. Bh they are all fine! About a coat I’m not sure what to say although I don’t think csp would take away your baby based on those two things. Unless there’s more to this picture

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:01 pm
He woke you both up to take the baby? Or he took the baby quietly? Was the baby up in your bed while you were sleeping?
Going outside for a second without a coat and socks is ok. What other stuff did you try to teach him that he refused to listen too?
Are you and your mother generally a perfectionist/rigid or OCD? If that's the case I can see why it would be so hard for you to see DH taking care of the baby in a more relaxed way. With time I beleive you will probably get used to his impulsiveness and see the beauty in it. Hopefully he will also learn to appreciate your perfectionism and you will both be somewhere in the middle. For your kids its healthy to have both types of parents.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:09 pm
My sister recently had her 7th child, her dh never bathed any of their babies before. Now he offered to do it because my sister wasn't feeling well. She was nearby and happened to watch him. He literally filled the bath with water and put the baby inside. No holding, nothing, he just leftt her alone. My sister got hysterical and he just couldn't understand why. He thought a newborn will enjoy to play a bit in the water. He said it was only a little bit of water, how could anything happen?
Man are clueless sometimes

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:09 pm
He is a great dad, otherwise

Einikel

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:12 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
My sister recently had her 7th child, her dh never bathed any of their babies before. Now he offered to do it because my sister wasn't feeling well. She was nearby and happened to watch him. He literally filled the bath with water and put the baby inside. No holding, nothing, he just leftt her alone. My sister got hysterical and he just couldn't understand why. He thought a newborn will enjoy to play a bit in the water. He said it was only a little bit of water, how could anything happen?

There's actually nothing wrong with that if it's just a very low amount of water

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:13 pm
Regarding the coat and socks. My baby does not wear a coat half the time. My husband goes crazy when she goes out without a coat. Happens to be. I'm usually hot myself and barely ever wear a coat. She is always going from the house to the car in the car to the house. The car is always warmed up before and she is also hot. Usually. It's really not such a big deal unless it's freezing freezing outside. It's probably better that the baby wear a coat, but CPS is not going to do anything for a baby who doesn't wear a coat....

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:14 pm
Einikel wrote:
There's actually nothing wrong with that if it's just a very low amount of water

Right, I don't know what she meant by 'filled,' that could mean a lot of things. If the newborn's face is is no obvious danger of being submerged and the newborn is supervised at all times then I don't see a problem.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
My DH has no practical sense for taking care of a baby at all. I do 99.9% of the childcare. Today I was taking a nap with her and he comes in and wakes me up and says he’s taking the baby to target with him. He also claims she doesn’t need to nap and that every time she’s napping I’m just forcing her to nap because I’m tired. He runs out the door before I fully wake up. I had a bad feeling (because I say her coat still hanging up) so I called to see what she was wearing. He is convinced a wool sweater is better than a coat . Turns out he left without socks on her in 30 degree weather, because he said he is just going from the car to the store. No coat. No socks . I am absolutely livid.
My mother keeps telling me I will lose the baby because someone will report us to CPS . I tell him things all the time but it’s like he doesn’t listen and I can’t trust him with the baby at all. The threats that I am going to lose the baby are making me crazy, I already work full time and do all the parenting. There is literally nothing else I can do, especially as my husband doesn’t listen to me

Rant over

Why does your mother know everything that happens with your baby???
Maybe stop telling her everything and you won’t have to hear about threats that you’ll lose your child.

Take your dh to a counselor and have a discussion about both of you being on the same page on parenting.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:19 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Right, I don't know what she meant by 'filled,' that could mean a lot of things. If the newborn's face is is no obvious danger of being submerged and the newborn is supervised at all times then I don't see a problem.

That's how I bathed my newborns many times. It was too hard for me to hold them with one hand and bathe with the other so I laid her flat and put in enough water that it would reach till her ears. Then I was relaxed and just needed to be careful she doesn't turn her head into the water and my babies were very relaxed in the bath.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:33 pm
You’re being a bit dramatic. Baby was traveling by car. Not a big deal. Your mother should mind her own business.

mizle10

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:48 pm
Why does your mother even know about this?

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:52 pm
Einikel wrote:

It sounded to me like he put her in the bath and then left the room which would be so irresponsible and dangerous, I would never forgive him.

MommyPhD

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 11:17 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
30 degrees? Your husband is right, no harm will come from being outside without a coat for a very short time. It is very sweet and motherly to put in the time and care to add a coat and socks, but let's not be dramatic and bring up CPS.

Is this sarcasm?

MommyPhD

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 11:21 pm
Wait, someone put a newborn in a tub full of water and left the room, leaving the baby by itself to roll over and drown, and you all think that's fine? This site is so shocking sometimes.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 11:25 pm
MommyPhD wrote:
Wait, someone put a newborn in a tub full of water and left the room, leaving the baby by itself to roll over and drown, and you all think that's fine? This site is so shocking sometimes.

I don’t think he left the baby. I didn’t read that at all. He was probably watching the baby in more water than the mother would have picked for the baby.
No one would think leaving a baby unattended in the water is a good idea

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 11:26 pm
Also I’m one of the ones who doesn’t always put coat and socks on my babies (assuming they’re over a year old). My DH is the one who is much more careful about kids being warm - since he is usually the cold one in the house and I’m not. I never wear a coat myself.

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 11:26 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:

I don't use baby bath tub gadgets.
I free-bathe my kids from when their newborns. I put a inch of water and let them play. They love it.
Of course I watch them 100% of the time.

I saw it on @mushkamothers page.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics