Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss is soooooo slow

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 9:36 am
I have started a healthier lifestyle and have seen a difference already. I have more energy, feel stronger, and have lost some weight.

I'm just frustrated with how slow the process is. For those who have had to lose 50+ pounds, how did you stay patient? How did you keep making healthy choices for months and months and months when you only lose a couple pounds at a time?

Weight is 10000000000x easier to gain and so hard to lose. I'm discouraged at how slow it's been

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 10:36 am
Same boat. I feel like the with the amount of effort I’m putting in , there should be more results. Super frustrating.

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 10:41 am
It’s so hard. I’ve lost about 65 lbs. unfortunately I gained 30 lbs back. I’m trying now to lose it again.
From my experience losing is easier than maintaining. Once I get in the right mind set.
Also losing slowly is much healthier & more sustainable if you stick with the healthy habits you’re putting in place now.
Quick fix dieting usually fails because it’s too extreme to keep up long term.
Knowing that I’m going the the right direction even if very slowly was such a huge motivator to keep at it.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 10:50 am
I have been losing just over a pound a week.

I think that's ideal because it's healthier to to slow and steady instead of extreme weight loss so that it stays off and doesn't immediately return after stopping the diet.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 10:56 am
I gave birth 10 months ago and gained 45 lbs during pregnancy. Only lost 28 lbs since then. Trying so hard to lose another 10 lbs and nothing doing. Nothing moving Crying

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:02 am
I’ve lost 30 lb in the last 2 years and you’re right it’s so hard to stay the course but what keeps me going is the same reason my weight loss is slow. I’m not willing to torture myself or live miserably to lose weight. So no extreme exercise, no cutting out entire food groups or considering certain foods bad and no starving myself. I also let go yontif but because I don’t do extreme dieting I don’t usually gain back more than a pound or 2.

msinalaw

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:21 am
Ladies, try the Fast metabolism diet.
I tried and right away lost 10 lbs, which I could not lose for a while, it sort of shocks your metabolism to working again. There is also an app that helps you track what you eat, its for free. Try for 4 weeks and see great results.
Its not an easy diet
essentially you eat in three Phases.
Each phase consists of diff foods
Phase 3 allows you to eat many diff types of foods so I designated Fri Sat Sunday for phase 3
Phase 1 Mon Tue, Phase 2 Wed Thur.
The book is on amazon, but there are plenty of pDF on google outlining the foods allowed in each phase
I suggest to read the book, it will motivate you.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:36 am
amother OP wrote:
I have started a healthier lifestyle and have seen a difference already. I have more energy, feel stronger, and have lost some weight.

Because feeling better is HIGHLY motivating to me. Six years ago now, I was a MESS. Now I’m so not that my life has changed completely in a dozen ways.

Highly, highly motivated to stay happy and healthy no matter what my size.

I will not starve because I eat to satiety.

I went to nursing school at my doctor’s suggestion because he’d like to retire and he ‘wishes everyone could be like me.’

That’s highly motivating. It’s not about weightloss. It’s about working a 12 hour shift in a hospital on a complex medicine or stroke unit and still having energy when I get home. Like when my placements were Thursday and I needed to cook for Shabbat after a 12 hour shift plus commute.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:41 am
OP please answer a few questions
How long have you been on your plan?
What do you call slow?
What are you eating? perhaps small tweaks can help.

My story
I am QUEEN SUPREME (no one better than me) at yo-yo dieting
I know I’ve damaged my metabolism
I’ve done some really crazy things in order to be thin
Now I’m concentrating on healing my metabolism
The 1st month on my plan I gained weight, while everyone lost
I spoke to my coach
She tweaked my plan and took out 1 TBSP fat
After that I started to lose weight consistently 7lbs every month for 6 months.
Then it slowed down as I was 5 lbs away from my goal
I hit my goal, B”H. The 1 TBSP FAT was added to my plan
But then all of a sudden I started to lose more and more weight and when I got to 7lbs under my goal weight (don’t get me wrong I was thrilled) more food was added to my plan.

I wen on vacation for 1 month
All rules went out the window and I gained back 12lbs so I’m back on plan nearing my goal weight so I know soon I could add that 1 TBSP of fat

Sometimes the metabolism/body needs time to heal and so the body will concentrate on that and not allow Weight-loss (this is why you are feeling with more energy, body is healing)
Sometimes you just need to tweak the plan and the weight will come off
Sometimes we think this is slow when actually it’s perfect.

Is knowing your body is healing from the inside motivation to continue

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 12:06 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
I have been losing just over a pound a week.

I think that's ideal because it's healthier to to slow and steady instead of extreme weight loss so that it stays off and doesn't immediately return after stopping the diet.
I would love to lose a pound a week. How do you do it?

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 4:36 pm
Remember that weight loss is actually a break down
If the body needs to heal it wont allow it to break down, if you are doing things in a healthy manner, not C”S starving yourself

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 5:26 pm
amother OP wrote:

I'm just frustrated with how slow the process is. For those who have had to lose 50+ pounds, how did you stay patient? How did you keep making healthy choices for months and months and months when you only lose a couple pounds at a time?

Weight is 10000000000x easier to gain and so hard to lose. I'm discouraged at how slow it's been

If you lose fast it come back on fast
Slow and steady is the only way
Of course gaining is easier
There’s no easy way out

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 7:08 pm
msinalaw wrote:
Ladies, try the Fast metabolism diet.
I tried and right away lost 10 lbs, which I could not lose for a while, it sort of shocks your metabolism to working again. There is also an app that helps you track what you eat, its for free. Try for 4 weeks and see great results.
Its not an easy diet
essentially you eat in three Phases.
Each phase consists of diff foods
Phase 3 allows you to eat many diff types of foods so I designated Fri Sat Sunday for phase 3
Phase 1 Mon Tue, Phase 2 Wed Thur.
The book is on amazon, but there are plenty of pDF on google outlining the foods allowed in each phase
I suggest to read the book, it will motivate you.

I agree with you. Have been following the FMD Diet for 2 years now. Lost over 80 pounds. Has been a true life changer for me

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 7:24 pm
I lost 10lb but cheated on cake(my weakness ) so I'm nervous for my weigh in this week

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 8:01 pm
The only healthy lifestyle plan that I actually lose weight on is Soveya. I got a customized meal plan, and watched his video and plan guidelines. He also helps figure out shabbos etc..I found it to be the most sustainable weight loss and plan. I've lost 1-2 lbs a week, and a male family member lost 4-6 lbs /wk.
Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise