Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Dh annoyed by DS and hat wearing
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 10:03 pm
just to add, things like wearing a hat etc identifies one with a certain community, but it is more of a cultural minhag I think and has less significance than eating rice on Pesach or cheese with fish...
(My sister in law who comes from a Sfardi home was so excited to marry my brother who is Ashkenazi and eat lox with cream cheese!)

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 8:02 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
What video? Where can I watch it?

Just putting link - it's such a moving video! wish we had more/others. There are reels and reels of old film that are being looked through, halevai they find something else inspiring! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynpMeGHRwN8

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 8:06 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
just to add, things like wearing a hat etc identifies one with a certain community, but it is more of a cultural minhag I think and has less significance than eating rice on Pesach or cheese with fish...
(My sister in law who comes from a Sfardi home was so excited to marry my brother who is Ashkenazi and eat lox with cream cheese!)

Exactly! But I wouldn't even use the word minhag - too confusing - it's a cultural thing!
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children