Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Tile tracker- tells where lost luggage, international trip?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 12:12 am
If you buy a tile tracker and stick it in your luggage on an international trip. If the luggage doesn't arrive, will it tell you exactly where it is?

bnm

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 12:14 am
No. Tile you need to be nearby to be able to track it by bluetooth.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 2:01 am
amother OP wrote:
If you buy a tile tracker and stick it in your luggage on an international trip. If the luggage doesn't arrive, will it tell you exactly where it is?

Yes, everyone should use it when checking luggage. It can ping any phone nearby, you don’t have to be near it. On one trip my luggage stayed in Israel while I was in California and I was able to follow it on its journey as they delivered it to me (four days late but knowing where it was was invaluable for my peace of mind) another time my luggage didn’t appear on the carousel but the tracker showed it as being near me so I knew to search the area instead of leaving and hoping the employees would get it to me.
It pings against any Bluetooth enabled device and can tell you almost exactly where it is.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 3:43 pm
amother Bone wrote:
Yes, everyone should use it when checking luggage. It can ping any phone nearby, you don’t have to be near it. On one trip my luggage stayed in Israel while I was in California and I was able to follow it on its journey as they delivered it to me (four days late but knowing where it was was invaluable for my peace of mind) another time my luggage didn’t appear on the carousel but the tracker showed it as being near me so I knew to search the area instead of leaving and hoping the employees would get it to me.
It pings against any Bluetooth enabled device and can tell you almost exactly where it is.
Is there any difference between the regular, slim, and sticker one? Do you have to buy a subscription to it? How long does it last before you have to charge it?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 8:26 pm
bump

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 10:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is there any difference between the regular, slim, and sticker one? Do you have to buy a subscription to it? How long does it last before you have to charge it?
What's the difference between the 3?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 9:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
bump

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 9:49 pm
I am not sure about a tile but we have apple air tags and they ping off nearby iphones which considering the fact so many have them, its pretty often.
We actually had our luggage get left behind and we were able to tell them exactly where it was and they sent it over. We were also able to track it on its way to us so we knew approximately when it would arrive.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Can anyone answer this question?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics