Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
TS-How long is formula good for??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:24 am
How long does a made bottle of similac stay good for?

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:27 am
Left out or left in the fridge?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:28 am
left out
but curios about in the fridge as well.

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:30 am
From their website https://www.similac.com/baby-f......html
Looks like if you made it, then in the fridge up to 24 hrs
I'm not finding on this link where it says about how long if leaving out of the fridge. In the back of my head I seem to remember it's ok for it to be out an hour, that's the general rule we go by. But I can't be 100% sure that that is what is recommended.

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:32 am
amother OP wrote:
left out

How old is your baby? When my babies are very little, we are more careful about how long it's left out for. Once they are older, eating other types of food and getting exposed to more things then I'm still careful, but maybe not as strict about it as when they were infants.

amother
Topaz

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:32 am
amother Aster wrote:
From their website https://www.similac.com/baby-f......html
Looks like if you made it, then in the fridge up to 24 hrs
I'm not finding on this link where it says about how long if leaving out of the fridge. In the back of my head I seem to remember it's ok for it to be out an hour, that's the general rule we go by. But I can't be 100% sure that that is what is recommended.

I used Enfamil and I think the rule was two hours from when it’s made, and one hour from when the baby starts drinking it.

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:33 am
amother OP wrote:
left out

From CDC https://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/.....ours.

Use Quickly or Store Safely
Prepared infant formula can spoil if it is left out at room temperature.
Use prepared infant formula within 2 hours of preparation and within one hour from when feeding begins.
If you do not start to use the prepared infant formula within 2 hours, immediately store the bottle in the fridge and use it within 24 hours.
Throw out any infant formula that is left in the bottle after feeding your baby. The combination of infant formula and your baby’s saliva can cause bacteria to grow. Be sure to clean and sanitize the bottle before its next use.
Store unopened infant formula containers in a cool, dry, indoor place—not in vehicles, garages, or outdoors.
Once a container of infant formula is opened, store in a cool, dry place with the lid tightly closed. Do not store it in the refrigerator.
Most infant formulas need to be used within 1 month of opening the container (check the label). When you first open the container, write the date on the lid to help you remember.
Never use formula after the “Use By” date on the container.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:52 am
thanks all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding