Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
**HELP** ISO nutritionist/health coach - Monsey
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:36 pm
I'm looking for someone to help guide my husband towards a healthy lifestyle. He is more than 100 Lbs overweight, weighing more than he has ever weighed. He does not need another diet. He knows which foods are healthy and what a balanced meal and healthy snacks should look like. He has already lost >50 Lbs twice, and is still in his 20s...
Requirements-
A) Accountability. Must see someone. Cannot be a book, video or course.
B) Must be in person sessions, not phone or zoom. It's not enough motivation otherwise.
C) Guidance towards healthy eating - for the accountability of whether he is staying within healthy boundaries and in the beginning for help resetting his system.
D) Most importantly, help control and overcome emotional eating. This is his greatest struggle. He loses weight, keeps at it for a while, until there is a sudden financial or other stress, or even just gets really worked up about something, and turns to food.
E) In Monsey or within a half hour drive from Monsey.

Any suggestions?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 7:12 pm
get someone on your insurance. better yet, let him do it. you can't police him.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 7:32 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
get someone on your insurance. better yet, let him do it. you can't police him.

Who takes Fidelis and meets above requirements?
Don't worry I'm absolutely not policing him... He's desperate for it but has no clue where to go and asked me try to find someone. Obviously he will be the one going.
He had someone in the city that he was really happy with but then we moved and it's too much of a shlep to travel so far.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 9:44 pm
Any recommendations?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 8:58 pm
Bump

brachabrooke

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:02 pm
My husband and I are both doing really well with name removed (DH down 55, I’m down 32). He started out with the male counsellor but we now go together to weigh ins. They’re very warm, caring, and there’s lots of accountability. Our counsellor texts me to check on us and I text her whenever I need with questions or just to check in. I don’t think he would have stayed this strong and motivated if not for their delicious meals and snacks. We go to the Boro Park one but they have locations all over. Many of my family members go to the Monsey one and are very happy there. Good luck !

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:13 pm
Anyone with info on Basya Koavacs?
Her ads look tempting.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:17 pm
brachabrooke wrote:
My husband and I are both doing really well with Nutrition by Tanya (DH down 55, I’m down 32). He started out with the male counsellor but we now go together to weigh ins. They’re very warm, caring, and there’s lots of accountability. Our counsellor texts me to check on us and I text her whenever I need with questions or just to check in. I don’t think he would have stayed this strong and motivated if not for their delicious meals and snacks. We go to the Boro Park one but they have locations all over. Many of my family members go to the Monsey one and are very happy there. Good luck !

Do they help at all with the emotional eating part? That is really the main issue that we think needs to be solved. I am even considering hypnotherapy for that.
I suspect his eating issues may be trauma related. (There was a difficult situation going on in his home when he was a young kid. Not directly related to him but it was very stressful in the house)

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Any recommendations?

If you switch to United Healthcare, which is also under Medicaid, you can go with The Dietitian Group. They have a lot of providers and they take insurance, just not Fidelis.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:24 pm
amother Currant wrote:
If you switch to United Healthcare, which is also under Medicaid, you can go with The Dietitian Group. They have a lot of providers and they take insurance, just not Fidelis.

Will they help stop the emotional eating?

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Will they help stop the emotional eating?

I don't know, I went to them for something else. You can look on their website or call them. Like I said, they have a lot of nutritionists on staff.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:29 pm
amother Currant wrote:
I don't know, I went to them for something else. You can look on their website or call them. Like I said, they have a lot of nutritionists on staff.

I'm checking their website, and I see Fidelis listed as them being in their network.

brachabrooke

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone with info on Basya Koavacs?
Her ads look tempting.

I would never send my kids or my husband to work with her… look into her modesty (or lack thereof) in dress and speech. she isnt apropos for the heimishe oilam at all not to mention a frum man…

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:48 pm
brachabrooke wrote:
I would never send my kids or my husband to work with her… look into her modesty (or lack thereof) in dress and speech. she isnt apropos for the heimishe oilam at all not to mention a frum man…

I don't know anything about her except for what I've seen in the ads. That's why I'm asking.
Thanks for the info.
That's the kind of approach I'm looking for though. Anyone?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm checking their website, and I see Fidelis listed as them being in their network.

This might work. I guess I'll give them a call.
Still open for more suggestions!

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:51 pm
amother OP wrote:

I think that's only for diabetes, but I'm not sure.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:32 am
Bumping for more suggestions.

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:03 am
Hanna Raice
(845) 356-2642
3 meadow lane in monsey

Accepts some insurance. Don't know about fidelis

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:23 am
amother Pansy wrote:
Hanna Raice
(845) 356-2642
3 meadow lane in monsey

Accepts some insurance. Don't know about fidelis

Thank you.

What type of approach does she have?
What kind of diet? (Portion control/ low carb/low fat/whole food etc)

Does she help with emotional eating?

Looking for something that's a lifestyle change rather than a quick fix diet.

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:30 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you.

What type of approach does she have?
What kind of diet? (Portion control/ low carb/low fat/whole food etc)

Does she help with emotional eating?

Looking for something that's a lifestyle change rather than a quick fix diet.

My doctor actually referred me to her. I never ended up going . But he explained to me that she has lots of medical knowledge . He said she went to medical school years ago but then stopped when she had kids and ended up later on being a dietician. He said she can base your nutrition based on your blood work and health issues etc. as she understands the full picture.
I don’t know how she deals with emotional eating .
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise