Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
How to get rid of mould in shower, on grout?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 3:58 am
I have black mould on the grouting in the shower?

Its slowly getting worse.
Is there anything I can use myself before I have to replace it?

Thanks.

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 4:21 am
I used this product for my walls and tiles and the mould has so far not come back. You can also buy it in most supermarkets.
HG Mould Remover Foam Spray, Fast & Effective Mould Spray & Mildew Cleaner, Removes Mouldy Stains From Walls, Tiles, Silicone Seals & More (500ml) - 632050106 https://amzn.eu/d/bKgC9hC
ETA it contains bleach so remove any fabrics surrounding the area before use and make sure to air the room out while you use it and for a bit after.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 6:37 am
Thanks so much.

I have another spray that I havent tried yet, reg mould and mildew remover, with bleach, are they all the same?

Has it actually removed bad mould from the white grout?

Also anywhere cheaper I can get it?

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 7:09 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much.

I have another spray that I havent tried yet, reg mould and mildew remover, with bleach, are they all the same?

Has it actually removed bad mould from the white grout?

Also anywhere cheaper I can get it?

Try the one you have first if bleach is the active ingredient then it’s probably similar.
You have to leave the product on for half an hour before washing off.
I had a bit of mild on my grout and it went. It also prevents the mould from coming back for some time.
I’ve seen it in Tesco for maybe £5.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 7:13 am
Thanks a lot!

Thats really helpful.
Will try it again first.
Didnt see such great results last time.

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 7:15 am
I read that bleach only fades the color of the mold, and it comes back because it was never really gone. So I'm also looking for a solution.

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 7:28 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
I read that bleach only fades the color of the mold, and it comes back because it was never really gone. So I'm also looking for a solution.

I'm pretty sure that isn't true, it definitely kills the mould that is there, maybe sometimes new mould can come back in the same spot becasue usually mould comes because of an underlying problem of damp or so.
I used a bleach product over a month ago and so far it hasn't come back.
Apparently white vinegar is also effective against mould.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 7:33 am
We just fixed this issue in my house. Thank Gd because it was bothering me to no end. Let me say there is no easy fix. We had a handyman take care of it. While he did spray it with a chemical initially that did not fix the problem. After treating it with the bleach like chemical he had to scrape off the old grout and regrout.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 7:36 am
amother Bellflower wrote:
Try the one you have first if bleach is the active ingredient then it’s probably similar.
You have to leave the product on for half an hour before washing off.
I had a bit of mild on my grout and it went. It also prevents the mould from coming back for some time.
I’ve seen it in Tesco for maybe £5.

My spray says leave on 3-4 mins.
Will try longer.

Make is Astonish.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 7:44 am
Also how do you rub or wipe off the spray (off the grout) without making it peel off?

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:36 am
amother OP wrote:
Also how do you rub or wipe off the spray (off the grout) without making it peel off?

mould wipes off pretty easily, no need to scrub

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:40 am
You can mix baking soda vinegar and dawn dishes soap then apply on grout leave for a few hours and then scrub and wipe it will be good as new

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:42 am
I used this product for my walls and tiles and the mould has so far not come back. You can also buy it in most supermarkets.
HG Mould Remover Foam Spray, Fast & Effective Mould Spray & Mildew Cleaner, Removes Mouldy Stains From Walls, Tiles, Silicone Seals & More (500ml) - 632050106 https://amzn.eu/d/bKgC9hC
ETA it contains bleach so remove any fabrics surrounding the area before use and make sure to air the room out while you use it and for a bit after.

What’s this product called in America?

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:51 am
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
What’s this product called in America?

No idea if they do this product in USA since it's a European product. However, I'm sure there are similar products which contain bleach.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:41 am

Hi
Thanks for this suggestion.

I have used it now twice after 30 min wait and not seeing much difference.

Wondering if I should do it again, or try leaving it on for longer?

Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries