Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Purim idea?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:02 pm
I need an idea for something to do for Purim with my class. Elementary age. They have art separately from me, so not specifically something like that. But I’m open…
Can’t be food or money related. Meaning I can’t require all the kids to bring something and I can’t ask the school to.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:04 pm
I think that a good old fashioned masquerade is still the most fun. The girls all dress up and wear a mask, and the teacher has to try to guess who's who. We did that every year growing up and we had a blast. We looked forward to it from weeks in advance.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:05 pm
What kind of mask

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
What kind of mask

They can wear a full costume with whatever mast they choose. A typical purim mask but not one that covers the eyes so it should be possible for you to guess who the kid is.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:17 pm
That sounds very fun. I’m looking for ideas that can be done before dress up day though. Maybe I’ll do that as well.

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:29 pm
Here's a really fun idea.
You need to buy paper masks like this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7.....ick=1

I saw this done with a sailor mask - very similar to this. Take a picture of each kid wearing the same mask. Then put it up on a board / bulletin board. And you write "Mi Hu Ze?" "Guess Who". And everyone the rest of the school has to guess who each girl is. It's really hard - without seeing eye color and hair it's not so easy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics