Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Let’s support business that did not raise prices!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:09 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I’m curious why Aldis charges $1.39 for celery and GG charges $3.99!

ALDIs has a whole lot more locations than GG so they are able to negotiate for a better wholesale price.

I still shop at Aldi’s and feel like Jewish stores have to be ripping us off because of how ridiculous the price differential is but I do know the above is a factor.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:13 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Junee's for clothing! It seems like they are the only store in boro park that did not rise along with inflation
I was recently in Passaic at the pizza shop in Aisle 9 Market...I forget the name
The total for our lunch order was less than half of what we would pay for the same lunch in Boro Park
I dont even know how its possible

A slice of pizza was like half the price. And it was delish!

It’s lighthouse cafe and I did not realize it was so inexpensive. Thanks for pointing it out!

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:27 pm
Everyone is feeling the pinch, but items that could be considered luxury (going out to eat), many people are cutting back on - so restaurants are being double hit as they have lower sales! They then have to increase prices just to make it profitable to stay afloat. Its a double edged sword.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:29 pm
It is Lighthouse cafe, which is in the Aisle 1 mall

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:30 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Junee's for clothing! It seems like they are the only store in boro park that did not rise along with inflation
I was recently in Passaic at the pizza shop in Aisle 9 Market...I forget the name
The total for our lunch order was less than half of what we would pay for the same lunch in Boro Park
I dont even know how its possible

A slice of pizza was like half the price. And it was delish!

Its actually Aisle One. Aisle 9 is in Lakewood

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 2:09 pm
I find that Aldi produce is inferior quality and can be very infested.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 2:19 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:

Agree. I tried several times. Just completely do not get why this is always suggested. Their stuff is awful quality moldy mushy tasteless. Not worth it for me. I never go.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:34 pm
keym wrote:
I haven't found that. They have a decent selection of "off brands" and sales.
Btw, this week I saw red and yellow peppers for $1.99/lb.

Right because they’re on sale, but normally they’re $4 lb or more.

I just said when they have a sale, the sale items can be reasonable. The rest of their products are very, very high

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:37 pm
amother Linen wrote:
What grocery store do you find to be consistently cheap?

None are cheap but I go to different stores for different things and save money that way.

Aldis is cheapest for fruits and veggies and some other products.

Bingo also has some cheap veggies. Their own brand Romaine lettuce bags, 24 oz is $10 whereas GG and most other stores charge more than that for a 16 oz bag.

Meat and chicken I find Evergreen is cheapest.

Products I try to buy on sale in whichever store has them.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:38 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
Great thread op!
Let’s show these stores that we’re not like sheep on our way to the slaughter while they laugh their way to the bank.
We will be congnizant of the stores raising prices unethically and we will act on it.
Time for the stores to own up and stop price gauging everything! B

Seriously when I bought celery in Aldi for $1.39 and then saw GG charging $3.99 I got disgusted and really felt like asking how they have the chutzpah to rip people off that way.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:39 pm
amother Linen wrote:
ALDIs has a whole lot more locations than GG so they are able to negotiate for a better wholesale price.

I still shop at Aldi’s and feel like Jewish stores have to be ripping us off because of how ridiculous the price differential is but I do know the above is a factor.

I’m sorry but I don’t believe for a minute that GG has to charge $3.99 for celery in order to make a little profit. Every other kosher store is cheaper than that.b

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:40 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:

I never found that and I don’t taste any difference at all from the other supermarkets

Same exact avocados is Aldi are $.79 and in GG $3-$4. No difference at all. Just price.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:41 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
Agree. I tried several times. Just completely do not get why this is always suggested. Their stuff is awful quality moldy mushy tasteless. Not worth it for me. I never go.

Moldy mushy? I never found that at all
They sell out so fast they couldn’t have time to get moldy

All the celery in many stores are the same brand and yet one charges a dollar and change and another $4 so people get brainwashed to think they’re getting better quality
It’s not true

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:06 pm
Bagel nosh still is the cheapest eatery in town! (I think) consistent food and always good!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:07 pm
amother Peony wrote:
Bagel nosh still is the cheapest eatery in town! (I think) consistent food and always good!

Yes! Another vote for bagel nosh!! Are their bagels still under $1?

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:08 pm
amother Camellia wrote:

I never had this problem and I shop there weekly.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:10 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I’m sorry but I don’t believe for a minute that GG has to charge $3.99 for celery in order to make a little profit. Every other kosher store is cheaper than that.b

I agree the Jewish stores take the inflation excuse and run with it. My grocery was charging $10 for a head of cauliflower! Each Cucumber was costing $1. Aldi has cauliflower for 2.50. Cucumbers a whole bag for 1.99. The markup in some stores is insane.

cupcake123

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:11 pm
Seasons is very expensive generally but if this helps anyone the past few weeks Tuesday has been half off takeout.
If comes out to around 9 dollars a pound for a main and $3 a pound for a side.

cupcake123

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:13 pm
I like gourmet glatt in general. They have great sales that I don't find anywhere else. For produce I don't shop there though.

keeptrying

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:13 pm
Bagel nosh didn't raise prices
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries