Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Let’s support business that did not raise prices!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

keeptrying

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:15 pm
And junees has reasonable prices for really nice clothes

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:24 pm
I find bingo to be overall the cheapest by far! If you compare with gourmet glatt and Evergreen and NPGS they have much lower prices on everything. Their selection is not as good but if you make do with the brands they sell you save a lot of money!!

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:25 pm
And I second that about Junees! I've gotten my daughter's beautiful shabbos dresses/outfits for under $100 and that wasn't found anywhere else. Some of the dresses were $69 or 79 in other stores the cheapest dress was $150-199...

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:30 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
Seasons is very expensive generally but if this helps anyone the past few weeks Tuesday has been half off takeout.
If comes out to around 9 dollars a pound for a main and $3 a pound for a side.

I’m curious about this, does that mean the food is a week old? (From the previous Wednesday?)

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:33 pm
Seasons is off the charts with pricing! I live nearby and barely shop there cuz each item can be a dollar or more than other stores! Insanely expensive! Not sure how they have customers...

GLUE

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:48 pm
I am I the only one who buys produce in Wal-mart?

Before Yom Tov I will drive to Freehold to buy produce in the RT9 farmers market.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:49 pm
GLUE wrote:
I am I the only one who buys produce in Wal-mart?

Before Yom Tov I will drive to Freehold to buy produce in the RT9 farmers market.

I buy at Walmart sometimes too!

Farmers market? That sounds so cool. Can I get more info? Is it always open or only during specific times of year? How can I find the address?

GLUE

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:59 pm
amother Linen wrote:
I buy at Walmart sometimes too!

Farmers market? That sounds so cool. Can I get more info? Is it always open or only during specific times of year? How can I find the address?

It is a produce store called the RT9 farmers market open all year I think from 9-9
It is in the same plaza as the Burlington Coat Factory, right on RT9 in Freehold, it is a few lights before the Freehold Mall.

I have not been there for a few months so I have no idea what the prices are now.

cupcake123

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 2:04 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
I’m curious about this, does that mean the food is a week old? (From the previous Wednesday?)

I doubt it's a week old buts it's prob from Sunday but who knows? All I know is I spent 25 dollars and got 3 sides and 3 mains for my family. I feel good.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 2:12 pm
A package of Dr Pragers fish sticks for $15?
To paraphrase Mrs. pitkin since when did fish sticks become a food for millionaires?

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 2:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes! Another vote for bagel nosh!! Are their bagels still under $1?

I think .95 cents!

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 2:53 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Seriously when I bought celery in Aldi for $1.39 and then saw GG charging $3.99 I got disgusted and really felt like asking how they have the chutzpah to rip people off that way.

I didn’t finish the thread but I want to point out- aldis is an international Chain store, owned by the owner of Trader Joe’s. They can afford to charge less. They are nowhere near the same league as gourmet glatt
Completely unfair analogy

esther36

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 2:58 pm
I order all my produce from Walmart. I'm a Walmart plus member. Someone told me that Sam's club and Walmart have the same quality produce so I tried it and am never disappointed. Totally worth the $95 a year. I order groceries and baking/household supplies and it gets delivered to my door. So convenient and prices are amazing! If anyone wants to sign up I can give you a link and you get a $20 promo code

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:02 pm
I order from Walmart using my Instacart membership. Chase has some good promotions for certain cards where you get a free membership plus credits to your account each month or quarter for $10-15 spent at Walmart, depending on the card.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:05 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
A package of Dr Pragers fish sticks for $15?
To paraphrase Mrs. pitkin since when did fish sticks become a food for millionaires?

I eat a lot of Dr Pragers for breakfast like the spinach and kale patties and those are up a few dollars a box. It was a staple for me now I buy a lot less.

rgr

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:16 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
No it was only because they had eggs that were going to soon expire

The eggs I got expire March 19th. All the advertisements were clear it was a sale thru Monday.

TS22

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:58 pm
A lot of times stores will put something on sale and take a loss to get people to come there and shop. Just because one week 1 store had eggs for cheap doesn't mean the other stores in town are ripping you off

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:19 pm
Udel is also very well priced for ladies and teens

rgr

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:24 pm
TS22 wrote:
A lot of times stores will put something on sale and take a loss to get people to come there and shop. Just because one week 1 store had eggs for cheap doesn't mean the other stores in town are ripping you off

Agree. It's called a loss leader. Certainly worked for me I did my shopping in bingo instead of GG this week

amother
Eggplant

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:59 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
I didn’t finish the thread but I want to point out- aldis is an international Chain store, owned by the owner of Trader Joe’s. They can afford to charge less. They are nowhere near the same league as gourmet glatt
Completely unfair analogy

Re the bolded, Aldi and Trader Joe's are not owned by the same person. They are brothers and they divided the town so they wouldnt compete with each other. So Aldi is in the South part of the city and Trader Joe's is in the north. Which is really annoying because I have two Aldi's near me and no Trader Joe's. And the Aldi's near me is so badly run, hardly restocking things, leaving rotting food up, dirty in general and overall bad shopping experiences that I stopped going there altogether. Too bad Trader Joe's has several locations but on the other side of town so its difficult to get there. I hope they sort out their issues so that somehow Trader Joe's can one day open near me.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries