Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
My friend that is BIG in the wig industry told me the secret
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:10 pm
That apparently ALMOST all wigs (besides for dinis, bk’s and shevys according to her), are made by factories in China and retail originally for 500-800. Is that true? I have such a hard time believing that, especially because my sheital macher claims that my wig is made with European hair. Does anyone know if we can order directly from these factories and if they sell on aliexpress?

amother
Oleander

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:16 pm
Omg please share that would be awesome if you found out ...

Not unlikely bc I worked for frum companies that typically outsourcing their work to China

amother
Lightcyan

This is old news. You can buy directly from China. Price depends on length.

amother
Taupe

You can buy from ali many people have been doing that. Having seen both it’s not true. Most companies sheitel machers sell are better quality by far. My friends who get on ali need to replace yearly because it’s junk.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:19 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
You can buy from ali many people have been doing that. Having seen both it’s not true. Most companies sheitel machers sell are better quality by far. My friends who get on ali need to replace yearly because it’s junk.

I've gotten wigs that my sheitel lady said are comparable to sary, irene etc...she even started buying them and selling them herself. The one I wore every single day lasted 2.5 years and I paid about $700.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:21 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
I've gotten wigs that my sheitel lady said are comparable to sary, irene etc...she even started buying them and selling them herself. The one I wore every single day lasted 2.5 years and I paid about $700.

Please link!!!

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Please link!!!

Ebm wigs. There is no link. You can search on insta and it will come up. Message them. Could be they are on Facebook too.

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:27 pm
Why do you think the big companies have so many women sewing wigs for them on site?

Perhaps the European wigs are manufactured there but the Israeli type is definitley made in the salons.

I have seen piles of clumps of hair waiting to be sewn in.

amother
Oleander

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:29 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Ebm wigs. There is no link. You can search on insta and it will come up. Message them. Could be they are on Facebook too.

How did you choose based on these video reels on Instagram or did your sheitel macher order a couple for you to choose?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:30 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:

Those are not comparable to sary and Irene…

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:31 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
How did you choose based on these video reels on Instagram or did your sheitel macher order a couple for you to choose?

I gave my measurements and what I wanted and they custom made. Or they can show u pics and videos in what they have in stock in your size and color and it's cheaper usually.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:32 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
Those are not comparable to sary and Irene…

Of course they are. The cheaper lines.

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
That apparently ALMOST all wigs (besides for dinis, bk’s and shevys according to her), are made by factories in China and retail originally for 500-800. Is that true? I have such a hard time believing that, especially because my sheital macher claims that my wig is made with European hair. Does anyone know if we can order directly from these factories and if they sell on aliexpress?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but one of those companies most definitely do source their wigs in China as well!

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:39 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Of course they are. The cheaper lines.

I've seen both in real life, touched both, seen people wear both, seen how both handle wear and tear over the year. Not comparable.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:40 pm
There are higher and lower quality suppliers in China just like everywhere else. If you could find out which factories the higher end brands buy from and we could buy direct then that would be amazing. Otherwise I don’t see how it’s helpful.

Sad to hear that brands are lying about European hair though.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:41 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
I've seen both in real life, touched both, seen people wear both, seen how both handle wear and tear over the year. Not comparable.

No point in arguing with you. I have them and know a bunch of people who do who think otherwise. You can buy from wherever you like. What do you think Irene and sary cheaper line is made from?

giftedmom

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:41 pm
Not everything produced in China is of equal quality. Most designer brands these days also produce in China. It’s about the craftsmanship and the materials used. You get what you pay for. If you pay cheap you get cheap. There aren’t any shortcuts or they would be well known.

allyahbubby

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:44 pm
I have an amazing EBM lacetop wig for 7hundred something and my Shaitel macher said it was comparable.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:47 pm
If you can post a link it would be helpful!
I’m literally walking around with a decade old wig that’s oxidized and missing hair. My SM told me that if I want a new wig with virgin hair for my color (blonde) it’s a minimum of $6k and if I take one that is processed it’s $3k.
What has this world come to?? These prices make me want to not wear a wig or cover my hair!

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:49 pm
amother Tan wrote:
If you can post a link it would be helpful!
I’m literally walking around with a decade old wig that’s oxidized and missing hair. My SM told me that if I want a new wig with virgin hair for my color (blonde) it’s a minimum of $6k and if I take one that is processed it’s $3k.
What has this world come to?? These prices make me want to not wear a wig or cover my hair!

Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels