Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How are the prices going up again?!?!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:58 pm
My shaitel lady just posted that prices are going up again in February! How? Why? How am I ever supposed to afford a new shaitel? It’s not fair!
I’ve been trying to save up to get a new one and every Time I think I’m getting close the prices go up again! I’m so upset!
I don’t believe that these wig’s actually cost more than $1,000 to manufacture it makes no sense. That means that they’re being sold for 5 times the price that they’re bought for. This is so not ok and not fair. It feels like we should boycott the wig companies until they go back down. Even the companies that we’re supposed to be “affordable” are not affordable anymore.
And I don’t want to get a second hand wig. It shouldn’t have to be this way…
Thanks for listening to my vent!

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:59 pm
They will continue to go up as long as people will pay the prices.

Buy directly from ebm in china.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:00 pm
How do you do that?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:01 pm
Let's all do aliexpress, this is ridiculous. Before covid, I bought a stunning Irene for 1,200. Now hey are 2,400. Enough is enough.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:03 pm
Please everyone, let's all band together and boycott wiga till the prices drop a bit. It's insane.

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:05 pm
Actually so disgusting!! The sheitel manufacturer, the middleman, and the Sheitelmacher all want to rake it in and get rich on the backs of struggling frum women.

I bought a wig about a year ago and it would now cost me $600 more to buy it. What the heck?!

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
How do you do that?

Look on insta from ebm wigs and message them. Or there is a Facebook group wigs you wish you own but can't afford where the administrator helps you buy wigs directly from China for a small fee

scruffy

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:50 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
Actually so disgusting!! The sheitel manufacturer, the middleman, and the Sheitelmacher all want to rake it in and get rich on the backs of struggling frum women.

I bought a wig about a year ago and it would now cost me $600 more to buy it. What the heck?!

The sheitelmacher does not rake it in when selling a sheitel AFAIK.

esther11

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 6:04 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Look on insta from ebm wigs and message them. Or there is a Facebook group wigs you wish you own but can't afford where the administrator helps you buy wigs directly from China for a small fee

There are a bunch of ebm wigs that claim to sell Jewish wigs on Instagram. Any you would specifically recommend?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 6:05 pm
Reena Beane has a new line of Sheitels- a short sheitel for $1000 and a long hat fall for $1400.

Short is just above the shoulders

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 6:07 pm
There is a video of a black woman talking about the orthodox wig market. she says we could find a good black wig lady to go to for half the price and the wigs are not nearly that expensive.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 6:11 pm
I found that they're also worse quality now.. I bought what looked like the exact same fall that I used to have and the hair knots like crazy. Same company length, color, look. But the hair is much worse

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 6:16 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
Reena Beane has a new line of Sheitels- a short sheitel for $1000 and a long hat fall for $1400.

Short is just above the shoulders

Reena is amazing, but does she sell out of Lakewood?

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 7:32 pm
esther11 wrote:
There are a bunch of ebm wigs that claim to sell Jewish wigs on Instagram. Any you would specifically recommend?

I used Erica. Peiple I know have used olive. They are all sales reps for the same company. See who responds quicker to you and decide from there.

esther11

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 7:39 pm
amother Broom wrote:
I used Erica. Peiple I know have used olive. They are all sales reps for the same company. See who responds quicker to you and decide from there.

Thank you!

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 7:49 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Reena is amazing, but does she sell out of Lakewood?

I don’t know but if you’re in the tri state area it’s worth the drive for that price !

(I may have bought a Teenie and am obsessed . Soooo comfortable… I could sleep in it!)

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 7:53 pm
The Sheitel I a once in a few years investment the price of wash and sets have gone in sane I feel it’s disgusting and then taking advantage of us cause we have no choice where I live wash and sets are currently 65-100 a sheitel

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 1:31 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
There is a video of a black woman talking about the orthodox wig market. she says we could find a good black wig lady to go to for half the price and the wigs are not nearly that expensive.

where can I find the video

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 1:34 pm
I’m also in the market for a new wig and it’s INSANE the prices.
2 places to look at
Chavi Russel is having a sale this week on skin tops for $1200
Also Shira custom wigs (think that’s her name) she does sales and the wigs are like 800-900$ a piece afaik. I’ve heard great reviews on them.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 1:42 pm
Buy 2nd hand. Most are at a better price and many are not worn more than a couple times. Try your luck.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels