Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
My friend that is BIG in the wig industry told me the secret
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 2:51 pm
I've been to some sheitel factories in Ukraine
Probably that's what European hair means
And I also know people who export hair from Ukraine to Israel
So not all sheitels are made in China

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:15 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
No point in arguing with you. I have them and know a bunch of people who do who think otherwise. You can buy from wherever you like. What do you think Irene and sary cheaper line is made from?

It's not about where it's made. I'm just warning people who might think they are getting something that's better quality than it is. It's great for $700 I agree with that. But it's not the same quality as sary or irene. Many people are happy with it but I don't see why anyone needs to hype it up for more than it is. Facts are it's a great buy for the money and it's ok, not quite comparable to the popular jewish lines.

snailmail

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:36 pm
Everything and anything is made in China - iPhones & Huawei; $7000 shaitels & $700 shaitels. You get what you pay for. There must be some people selling the cheap wigs for a high price, but there are also higher quality products too. And I'm sure you can buy $700 wigs that come from China that would sell in the Purim store for $70! You need to know what you are getting.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:06 pm
snailmail wrote:
Everything and anything is made in China - iPhones & Huawei; $7000 shaitels & $700 shaitels. You get what you pay for. There must be some people selling the cheap wigs for a high price, but there are also higher quality products too. And I'm sure you can buy $700 wigs that come from China that would sell in the Purim store for $70! You need to know what you are getting.

So much this!

Popular brands also customize their fit and build with the factories you're not getting that when you buy it yourself.

Btw if I recall correctly I remember seeing on Dini's wigs insta stories her trip to China and speaking with her suppliers there.
Everyone gets some things done in China.

No big revelation here.

Ruchi

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
That apparently ALMOST all wigs (besides for dinis, bk’s and shevys according to her), are made by factories in China and retail originally for 500-800. Is that true? I have such a hard time believing that, especially because my sheital macher claims that my wig is made with European hair. Does anyone know if we can order directly from these factories and if they sell on aliexpress?

My sheitel macher told me that all wigs with processed hair are made in China.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:32 pm
Are we saying they are manufactured in China or the hair is sourced from China?
It can be European hair that is being sewn together in China.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:33 pm
The sheitel I just bought is not from one of these names and it was most definitely made in Israel, not abroad. Part of the skin she gets sewn in China, but the actual wig was definitely made in her salon. I saw it in the various stages.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:35 pm
Where are BK wigs made?

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:40 pm
I feel like we need an investigative journalist to give us the verdict

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:45 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
I feel like we need an investigative journalist to give us the verdict

Yes, let the NYT tackle this instead of yeshivas Hiding

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:55 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Yes, let the NYT tackle this instead of yeshivas Hiding

LOL LOL LOL

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:00 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Ebm wigs. There is no link. You can search on insta and it will come up. Message them. Could be they are on Facebook too.

how can you feel the hair by ordering on line?

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:03 pm
VV platinum is great brand

amother
Topaz

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:34 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Ebm wigs. There is no link. You can search on insta and it will come up. Message them. Could be they are on Facebook too.

Which one? There are so many on insta

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 8:21 pm
Well it’s about time we got to the bottom of this and found out what the real markup on these sheitels are

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:36 am
amother Tan wrote:
If you can post a link it would be helpful!
I’m literally walking around with a decade old wig that’s oxidized and missing hair. My SM told me that if I want a new wig with virgin hair for my color (blonde) it’s a minimum of $6k and if I take one that is processed it’s $3k.
What has this world come to?? These prices make me want to not wear a wig or cover my hair!

I am blond. I have a lace top from EBM. It's very nice for the price I paid (under $700) but not really like the nice blond wigs I have seen in my local salons. The hair is already processed so you can't dye it all. If you want to take a chance, you can ask EBM for pictures/videos of all the blond options but obviously it will look different.
It may not be your exact color.
I also don't love the way it's rooted but that's the only option for blond with them.

All the EBM people on Instagram are all from the same company. You can message any of them.
Or whatsapp any of these numbers
+86 18554959160
+86 1855499850
+86 18953254148
+86 18953231644

flowerbee

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:06 am
This lady sells very high quality wigs for rock bottom prices. I have a few of them and they are the same quality to my 10x (not exaggerating) more expensive name brand wigs. She does this mostly as a chessed because she cannot fathom how wig prices have become so ridiculously high.
Very very very worth looking into especially if your looking for the brand name wigs but cannot afford.
https://www.instagram.com/ritzowigs/?hl=en

jflower

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:51 am
flowerbee wrote:
This lady sells very high quality wigs for rock bottom prices. I have a few of them and they are the same quality to my 10x (not exaggerating) more expensive name brand wigs. She does this mostly as a chessed because she cannot fathom how wig prices have become so ridiculously high.
Very very very worth looking into especially if your looking for the brand name wigs but cannot afford.
https://www.instagram.com/ritzowigs/?hl=en

Where is Ritzo Wigs located? There's no information on Instagram.

What is the price range for her wigs?

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 4:03 am
I have had 3 wigs from china. 2 were excellent, better than my shevy. The hair is beautiful over 2 years later.
The 3rd I got is my first lace top. It looks beautiful, I get so many compliments on it. But the hair is a little stiffer than I would have chosen. But still, over a year later, it looks excellent. I am stopped by people often asking where it is from.

To the person who says they are not comparable - you are maybe right at times. But not always. My original one, where I unfortunately lost the contact to, was brought to a sheital macher to add a lace front when it was three years old. The sheitalmacher asked where I got it from and told me the hair was on par with the top level sheital brands.

Not everyone can afford a 4,000 wig. Don't deter them from getting to experience a new one.
As for the company, like I mentioned, I lost contact when I changed phones. I don't know much about the one mentioned above and I'm not sure then how I will order a new one when the time comes. It is always a risk ordering from china. I had 1 very bad one but it was like 500.00 when most china wigs were already 1000.00

flowerbee

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 5:33 am
jflower wrote:
Where is Ritzo Wigs located? There's no information on Instagram.

What is the price range for her wigs?

In NY, I’m pretty sure you can contact her through her Instagram page
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels