Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
New girls camp - Menucha
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 7:14 pm
Any update on this camp?

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 8:11 pm
I heard really good things about the staff. Nice yeshivish type girls, high ruchniyus low gashmiyus, old school simple fun.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 8:59 am
My daughter went and looooved it. Anyone know when we have to apply for this coming year

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 10:42 am
What type of girls did this camp end up getting? If you sent, was your daughter happy? I heard they may be opening two halves this summer, is that true?

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:03 am
amother Green wrote:
My daughter went and looooved it. Anyone know when we have to apply for this coming year

My daughter went and she loved loved it!! She was a first time camper so she didn’t have a different camp to compare it to but her friends were saying that they enjoyed Menucha more than other older more popular camps! It seems like they really hit it off!!

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:07 am
Was it more in town or out of town? Type of girl?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:18 am
I heard from a counselor that it was a great camp, much simpler, not ritzy or shtatty.

People that sent, do you agree?

What was the frumkeit level like? What camp would you come it to?
Camp Bais Yaakov? To Maarava? Something else?

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:45 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Was it more in town or out of town? Type of girl?

My daughters bunk was a really good mix. A little from everywhere. Toronto, Chicago, Lakewood, monsey, even one from Eretz Yisroel…(I may have missed but these r ones I remember at the moment)

amother
Green

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 12:40 pm
low key lakewood, not designer everything type. Frumkeit level was very high, very solid, aidel girls. I think more yeshivish then Maarava.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 12:42 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
What type of girls did this camp end up getting? If you sent, was your daughter happy? I heard they may be opening two halves this summer, is that true?

Yes it looks like they are opening 2 halves, three weeks each

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:10 pm
Can anyone compare to camp bais yaakov? In the type of girls going, level of yeshivishness (we are more low key jpf and were originally told Menucha was looking for a more yeshivish clientele, curious what ended up happening), how organized does it run, did you feel your girls were taken care of well physically (nutrition, sleep, medical care if needed)

I get nervous about it being too far away to really see for yourself but that's what camp always used to be when I was a kid and most of the mothers didn't have cars...

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:24 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
I heard from a counselor that it was a great camp, much simpler, not ritzy or shtatty.

People that sent, do you agree?

What was the frumkeit level like? What camp would you come it to?
Camp Bais Yaakov? To Maarava? Something else?

When we were applying to camps I spoke to them and they said they are more yeshivish than the camps you mentioned

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:15 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
When we were applying to camps I spoke to them and they said they are more yeshivish than the camps you mentioned

And what Abt the level of fancy?

Do girls there wear brand name clothes (like hardtail skirts whatever those are)?

Do they have lots of shabbos outfits?

Years ago, in Machaneinu, I think girls were only supposed to have two shabbos outfits for the whole summer to keep gashmiyus and peer pressure down.
Is it like that?

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:06 am
My girls ADORED it! I'm told was better than Camp Bais Yaakov. The crowd was quality, tochendig girls and the program was amazing.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:26 am
amother Salmon wrote:
My girls ADORED it! I'm told was better than Camp Bais Yaakov. The crowd was quality, tochendig girls and the program was amazing.

What Abt camp levavi

amother
Green

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:30 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
And what Abt the level of fancy?

Do girls there wear brand name clothes (like hardtail skirts whatever those are)?

Do they have lots of shabbos outfits?

Years ago, in Machaneinu, I think girls were only supposed to have two shabbos outfits for the whole summer to keep gashmiyus and peer pressure down.
Is it like that?

My daughter said one outfit per shabbos for the majority of campers, so three outfits total. Some hardtail type brands but not everyone. Definitely not a fancy crowd.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:43 am
Who was the head staff?

amother
Green

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:44 am
amother Periwinkle wrote:
Who was the head staff?
https://campmenuchah.org/

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 10:17 pm
Can anyone share what the cost was? Website did not yet post dates/ rates for the upcoming year.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 10:33 pm
seeker wrote:
Can anyone share what the cost was? Website did not yet post dates/ rates for the upcoming year.

Last summer was $2400 and tc program was $2600

Luggage and transportation was almost double the amnt of camps upstate due to the location.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps