Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Best place for cheap food?

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 8:16 pm
Hi
We are visiting Lakewood from out of town. I am assuming some Jewish foods like chicken/meat are significantly cheaper and would like to bring back a few coolers worth of stuff to hopefully get us through Pesach. What’s the best store for a stock up shopping in bulk?

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 8:48 pm
Bingo!

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 9:29 pm
Oy, it's like the worst time ever to stock up, not sure that it'll get better though Can't Believe It

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 9:30 pm
But different stores will have different meats on sale, so I would visit a few 8f you're buying so much.

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 9:34 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
Oy, it's like the worst time ever to stock up, not sure that it'll get better though Can't Believe It

Well, I can almost guarantee- whatever prices are, they are worse OOT.

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:11 pm
I think evergreen has cheaper meats.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:12 pm
Bingo but I don’t love their stuff. Next best is evergreen. Shockingly aisle 9 in Jackson (which I do not like, nor has good prices on groceries) has a small bit well priced chicken and meat dept

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:47 pm
Make sure these places are kasher lpesach if your stocking up for pesach!

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:48 pm
My mother always shops the sales when she comes. Check the weekly to see what’s on sale at which store.

https://bpweekly.com/issues/

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:58 pm
I would not stock up on bingo meat and chicken before tasting it and deciding if you like it.
The chicken is rubbery and chewy
And the meat just never becomes soft, x matters for how long you cook it

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:20 pm
I live OOT and for years have stocked up on Lakewood meats and dry goods, especially in buying for Pesach. Here's what I find:

Costco is probably still best in price and quality for chicken. Gourmet Glatt or Evergreen chicken is good, and if price is competitive, I'll get that. (A few years back, Bingo changed suppliers for chicken, and I am not happy with the quality.). I'm also going to see if Lakewood (actually Brick) Costco has KLP sausage or hot dogs in yet when I go.

Recently, Gourmet Glatt has had the better prices on beef, but it varies, and it pays to shop around from week to week.

Our rav says raw meat doesn't need a Pesach hechsher, just rinse with cold water to be on the safe side.

Dry goods -- mostly Bingo. Look for marinara sauce, some canned fruits and veggies (tomatoes), spices, extra light olive oil, tuna, chocolate bars -- those come out KLP early, and keep well. Candy and chocolate often go on sale in Adar, too.

If you come in Nissan, look at shmura matza prices, you'll save quite a bit compared to OOT.

Happy shopping!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries