Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Mompush

marvinkay

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 9:45 pm
Anyone know about mompush ultimate stroller? Seems same as uppababy but half the price. Is it too good to be true?

amother
Apple

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:00 pm
I ordered it. Ask me in 6 months. I don't need it to last 10 years. I need to enjoy it for a few, and I have a citimini also.

gibberish

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:33 pm
I looked into but the max weight was very low and would only be able to use it until the baby is about 18 months. Check stats before ordering!

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:42 pm
Not the same at all. It’s a totally different design and from what I’ve heard it pushes like a cheaper stroller.

Mockingbird makes an Uppababy knockoff but there are safety concerns with the mockingbird. You get what you pay for.

(I don’t have an Uppababy stroller because it’s pricey but I don’t think buying a knockoff is worth it either. )

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 4:35 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
Not the same at all. It’s a totally different design and from what I’ve heard it pushes like a cheaper stroller.

Mockingbird makes an Uppababy knockoff but there are safety concerns with the mockingbird. You get what you pay for.

(I don’t have an Uppababy stroller because it’s pricey but I don’t think buying a knockoff is worth it either. )

What safety concerns are there with the mockingbird? I am very happy with my mockingbird and have never heard about any concerns. And I wouldn't consider the mockingbird stroller cheap either. If you get it with the bassinet it ends up being about 500 dollars...

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 8:00 am
amother Oatmeal wrote:
What safety concerns are there with the mockingbird? I am very happy with my mockingbird and have never heard about any concerns. And I wouldn't consider the mockingbird stroller cheap either. If you get it with the bassinet it ends up being about 500 dollars...
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2.....azard

Right so it’s half the price of the Uppababy and still so expensive. And ppl are saying even with the repair it’s still a flimsy stroller and a risk 🤷‍♀️

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 8:04 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2023/Mockingbird-Recalls-Single-to-Double-Strollers-Due-to-Fall-Hazard

Right so it’s half the price of the Uppababy and still so expensive. And ppl are saying even with the repair it’s still a flimsy stroller and a risk 🤷‍♀️

The uppababy stroller also had a recall on the rumble seat

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 9:58 am
gibberish wrote:
I looked into but the max weight was very low and would only be able to use it until the baby is about 18 months. Check stats before ordering!

I'm not in the market for a stroller but out of curiosity I checked the weight limit for this stroller. It says max weight is 50lbs. I don't know any 18 month old who weigh anywhere near that much. My kids tend to be pretty little (my 5 1/2 year old just hit 40 pounds) but should hold an average sized kid until at least 3 or 4 when most outgrow a stroller anyway.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:45 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
I'm not in the market for a stroller but out of curiosity I checked the weight limit for this stroller. It says max weight is 50lbs. I don't know any 18 month old who weigh anywhere near that much. My kids tend to be pretty little (my 5 1/2 year old just hit 40 pounds) but should hold an average sized kid until at least 3 or 4 when most outgrow a stroller anyway.

50 lbs is the average weight for a 6-7 year old.
My 9 & 11 year olds weigh about 55 lbs and they're not small.

marvinkay

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 12:17 pm
amother Apple wrote:
I ordered it. Ask me in 6 months. I don't need it to last 10 years. I need to enjoy it for a few, and I have a citimini also.

Any updates? does it feel like good stroller? thanks

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 12:29 pm
And I thought there was an update to inform me that the mockingbird single stroller was also recalled. Yes, I got notified that it was recalled today. Sad

marvinkay

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 5:55 am
amother Apple wrote:

Are you happy with it? I’m due in a few weeks…

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 6:33 am
I have had it for my newborn for a few weeks and I like it a lot. I never had an uppababy so I can't compare though. This stroller is large, and the bassinet is very long, but I use it for my baby to sleep on our ground floor and I take it on walks and it's great for both. It seems sturdy and pushes well. I can carefully roll it down the steps to take it outside. I haven't really folded it up, and it is bulky, but it seems really solid and well made.

Some reviews did point out that the child seat (which I haven't installed yet) is not high and won't fit a two-year-old well, so you could think about that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics