Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Let’s support business that did not raise prices!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:35 pm
Another vote for Junnees, I bought beautiful Shabbos clothes and spent like $30!

mamaleh

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:22 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
Re the bolded, Aldi and Trader Joe's are not owned by the same person. They are brothers and they divided the town so they wouldnt compete with each other. So Aldi is in the South part of the city and Trader Joe's is in the north. Which is really annoying because I have two Aldi's near me and no Trader Joe's. And the Aldi's near me is so badly run, hardly restocking things, leaving rotting food up, dirty in general and overall bad shopping experiences that I stopped going there altogether. Too bad Trader Joe's has several locations but on the other side of town so its difficult to get there. I hope they sort out their issues so that somehow Trader Joe's can one day open near me.

Which town are you talking about. Near me (Lakewood/Brick) Trader Joe’s is currently down the block from the newest Aldi’s and not very far (other direction) from another one.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:33 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
I’m curious about this, does that mean the food is a week old? (From the previous Wednesday?)

I’m sure it’s because on Wednesdays they bring out fresh stuff for Shabbos so they have to get rid of all the old stuff since the Sunday before

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:34 pm
amother Wandflower wrote:
Seasons is off the charts with pricing! I live nearby and barely shop there cuz each item can be a dollar or more than other stores! Insanely expensive! Not sure how they have customers...

I agree. It’s not only $1 more, it’s even almost double on some things!
I don’t know how anyone can shop there for all their groceries

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:35 pm
GLUE wrote:
I am I the only one who buys produce in Wal-mart?

Before Yom Tov I will drive to Freehold to buy produce in the RT9 farmers market.

I find they don’t have a lot of produce.
And I don’t like buying an onion or a pepper by the piece instead of by the lb

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:37 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
I didn’t finish the thread but I want to point out- aldis is an international Chain store, owned by the owner of Trader Joe’s. They can afford to charge less. They are nowhere near the same league as gourmet glatt
Completely unfair analogy

I disagree
Charging $4 for celery is disgusting and outrageous
No other store charges that much
GG is very high on all their fruits and veg’s

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:37 pm
esther36 wrote:
I order all my produce from Walmart. I'm a Walmart plus member. Someone told me that Sam's club and Walmart have the same quality produce so I tried it and am never disappointed. Totally worth the $95 a year. I order groceries and baking/household supplies and it gets delivered to my door. So convenient and prices are amazing! If anyone wants to sign up I can give you a link and you get a $20 promo code

The $95 a year undoes the whole cheaper price you’re paying every time

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:38 pm
rgr wrote:
The eggs I got expire March 19th. All the advertisements were clear it was a sale thru Monday.

In bingo? No when I went they were expiring within 2 wks

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 12:20 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
The $95 a year undoes the whole cheaper price you’re paying every time

Many stores charge a $5 delivery fee. At one order per week, 52 weeks a year, it would be over $250. The cheaper prices on almost everything is bonus.

(I've found the same for Amazon Prime and diapers. The discount on the diapers exceeds the Prime fee per year. Everything else is bonus.)

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 1:12 am
amother Linen wrote:
What grocery store do you find to be consistently cheap?

Bingo

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 1:20 am
amother Wandflower wrote:
I find bingo to be overall the cheapest by far! If you compare with gourmet glatt and Evergreen and NPGS they have much lower prices on everything. Their selection is not as good but if you make do with the brands they sell you save a lot of money!!

I agree I save alot of $ shopping there
they have basically every fruit and veg and compared to gg south much fresher produce
dont know about gg north

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 1:26 am
cupcake123 wrote:
I like gourmet glatt in general. They have great sales that I don't find anywhere else. For produce I don't shop there though.

they are very very expensive. all about the presentation their product is no better or different

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 1:53 am
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Junee's for clothing! It seems like they are the only store in boro park that did not rise along with inflation
I was recently in Passaic at the pizza shop in Aisle 9 Market...I forget the name
The total for our lunch order was less than half of what we would pay for the same lunch in Boro Park
I dont even know how its possible

A slice of pizza was like half the price. And it was delish!

A very quick search suggests that commercial property rentals in Passaic start at $7 per square foot and in Boro Park it's at least 35 per square foot but really what I was seeing was mostly $60 per square foot.

Totally put your money wherever you want, but a higher price may reflect greater overhead, not that someone is trying to scam you.

Passaic is surely a lovely community, but it's in a different state and more crucially in a different city than Boro Park, which is in Brooklyn, a borough within New York City. If anyone here wants to accuse a store of overpricing, they should first do the math, adjusting the prices each of these stores are charging to the prices of the overhead, and there's probably other factors to consider as well.

I mean, I don't know. Maybe they are. But a comparison of prices of food in a restaurant in Passaic vs a restaurant in Brooklyn isn't compelling. New York City consistently ranks # 1 as the most expensive city in the world. Passaic is still considered an expensive city, but it ranks 227th. You simply can't compare.

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 8:48 am
[quote="amother SandyBrown"]The $95 a year undoes the whole cheaper price you’re paying every time[/quote

Gas and time add up you'd be surprised! I go to the Jewish grocery once a week and that's it!

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:18 pm
mamaleh wrote:
Which town are you talking about. Near me (Lakewood/Brick) Trader Joe’s is currently down the block from the newest Aldi’s and not very far (other direction) from another one.

I once read on yeshivaworld that Aldi's is owned by Nazis. Twisted Evil

Chaya123

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:21 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I never found that and I don’t taste any difference at all from the other supermarkets

Same exact avocados is Aldi are $.79 and in GG $3-$4. No difference at all. Just price.

Avocados in Walmart are .88 each.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:37 pm
amother Lavender wrote:

By Hitler himself Salut

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 4:12 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
A very quick search suggests that commercial property rentals in Passaic start at $7 per square foot and in Boro Park it's at least 35 per square foot but really what I was seeing was mostly $60 per square foot.

Totally put your money wherever you want, but a higher price may reflect greater overhead, not that someone is trying to scam you.

Passaic is surely a lovely community, but it's in a different state and more crucially in a different city than Boro Park, which is in Brooklyn, a borough within New York City. If anyone here wants to accuse a store of overpricing, they should first do the math, adjusting the prices each of these stores are charging to the prices of the overhead, and there's probably other factors to consider as well.

I mean, I don't know. Maybe they are. But a comparison of prices of food in a restaurant in Passaic vs a restaurant in Brooklyn isn't compelling. New York City consistently ranks # 1 as the most expensive city in the world. Passaic is still considered an expensive city, but it ranks 227th. You simply can't compare.

What about comparing stores that are both in Lkwd and one is charging three times more on all their products that arent on sale?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 4:13 pm
amother White wrote:
By Hitler himself Salut

Lol
And what do we call ppl who are ripping us off to the tune of overcharging by three times the price?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 4:25 pm
amother Lavender wrote:

How do you know this for sure? And once you are going down that rabbit hole go see all the other products you use often that were/are made by Germans. So if one will shame people for shopping in aldis so they can afford food for their family they should make sure they are buying nothing that supports Germans.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries