Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What happens if I don't toilet train my kid?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 1:42 am
amother Rainbow wrote:
This is laughable. Most kids happily run around naked at home. Unless of course parents yell at them and make them feel terrible for doing it. It’s natural for toddlers to feel inhibited and fine being naked. Unless we break them.
Nothing about breaking them or making them feel terrible.
I feel it's not morally correct to let them run around naked.

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 1:45 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
I've never heard of this.
To me, dealing with wet or dirty underwear is the common method that works for 99% of kids. They feel uncomfortable in wet underwear and learn to not get it dirty again.
My mother trained her kids while respecting their privates.
I trained mine while respecting their privacy. I can deal with dirty underwear. it's part of training kids.

Thats when it works. But when that method doesn't work, taking off the underwear and leaving nothing on seemed to do the trick for my kids. I would put on a long dress or t shirt to cover their privates somewhat. I was actually shocked and quite disgusted the first time I heard of, or saw it. I only tried it after the other method didn't work.

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 1:49 am
amother Zinnia wrote:
Thats when it works. But when that method doesn't work, taking off the underwear and leaving nothing on seemed to do the trick for my kids. I would put on a long dress or t shirt to cover their privates somewhat. I was actually shocked and quite disgusted the first time I heard of, or saw it. I only tried it after the other method didn't work.
I can hear that. I also liked that you were sensitive to their privacy and dressed them in longer t-shirts.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 9:49 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
I've never heard of this.
To me, dealing with wet or dirty underwear is the common method that works for 99% of kids. They feel uncomfortable in wet underwear and learn to not get it dirty again.
My mother trained her kids while respecting their privates.
I trained mine while respecting their privacy. I can deal with dirty underwear. it's part of training kids.

I believe she meant that for those who try this method, it's very effective (I'm sure the stat was made up), just as I assume you're saying those who use your method are generally successful.

I too do nothing but a long Tshirt, but it's because it gives the kid much quicker access when running to the toilet. It's worked for me each time, and kid was in underwear by day 2 at the latest, and no accidents by the 2nd day at the latest. Sure, if they sit funny, they may expose themselves, but they're young and no-one comments.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 10:06 am
Please chill. Everybody is entitled to make whatever choice in toilet training works for them and their kid. I toilet trained my kids till now based on their awareness and readiness. And yes I've trained kids under 2, 2 1/2 and 3+. Needless to say with my 3+ kid the training went smoothest and less than a day. And because he was able to communicate and discuss things and concepts way more than a 2 yr old he went straight to sleeping dry at night and never making accidents. ( Vs the one kid who I trained early cause I was young and everybody around me knew what's right more than me) When they are so young you gotta deal with relapses and accidents. I will definitely not push early training ever again. ( And yes my son had his Upsherin in a pamper, despite that friend that mocked me for it cause she trains her kids by 20 months. Now she's suffering with relapses with that kid.)

tehilap

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 5:09 am
There's a reason we don't go around outside naked because our privates are meant to be private. Not exposed. Walking around a house naked and exposed does not teach healthy body safety. Don't assume I have body insecurities. Sheesh.

Well said

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 5:45 am
My son is already over 3 and still not fully trained
He goes to school in pull-ups
At home he makes on the floor on purpose and laughs( he was doing this 2 months ago when we started training him) so walling around with nothing makes it worse since he feels he can always just make on the floor. It's a game for him....

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 7:42 am
amother Lime wrote:
My son is already over 3 and still not fully trained
He goes to school in pull-ups
At home he makes on the floor on purpose and laughs( he was doing this 2 months ago when we started training him) so walling around with nothing makes it worse since he feels he can always just make on the floor. It's a game for him....

Sounds like that method wouldn't be for you.

Do you make him clean up his intentional accidents?

zaq

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:44 am
tehilap wrote:
There's a reason we don't go around outside naked because our privates are meant to be private. Not exposed. Walking around a house naked and exposed does not teach healthy body safety. Don't assume I have body insecurities. Sheesh.

Well said

OTOH in Biblical days children were nursed till age 3. And yet nobody told mothers not to nurse their toddlers because breasts are private.

GLUE

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:21 am
zaq wrote:
OTOH in Biblical days children were nursed till age 3. And yet nobody told mothers not to nurse their toddlers because breasts are private.

Did not during the time of the Gemorha there is a question on how a women could make a Brocha without wearing clothes?
The only reason for the question is because some women did not wear clothes in the house.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics