Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cleveland mothers- is this anywhere near the frum community?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:02 am
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside in Cleveland, Ohio

ProudMommie

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:03 am
its kind of near (by cleveland standards) Beachwood, but it is not a place for a yid to stay..

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:03 am
No, it's at least a 20 minute drive without traffic

ProudMommie

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:05 am
there are people who rent places in cleveland heights and university heights.. maybe beachwood too.. I can ask on their whatsap group if you need.

Last edited by ProudMommie on Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:07 am
I would have to ask a shaila- but wanted to know first which area it is. There will be a conference there for my child’s (rare) diagnosis on a shabbos...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:08 am
ProudMommie wrote:
its kind of near (by cleveland standards) Beachwood, but it is not a place for a yid to stay..

Can you elaborate on that please?

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:11 am
amother OP wrote:
I would have to ask a shaila- but wanted to know first which area it is. There will be a conference there for my child’s (rare) diagnosis on a shabbos...

I work very close to there. Its a very nice area but not at all walking distance to the frum areas. At least 10 miles away

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:28 am
amother OP wrote:

I am from cleveland and am familiar with the area. I would be fine staying there. It is a normal hotel. The neighborhood is not jewish or frum but not a bad neighborhood at all. Ask your rav about being there over shabbos but if I was in your situation I would go if my rav told me it was ok.

It is a 20+ minute drive away from frum areas like others mentioned.

ProudMommie

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:36 am
amother OP wrote:

It's absolutely Fine if u have to be there for a conference! I thought u were traveling thru and could explore other options. If u have to be there, it will be perfectly ok.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:43 am
I was in Beachwood for 10 days this summer visiting dhs family. Many secular jews and nice nonjews. There's definitely a small frum community there.

There's Shuls in Beachwood! Chabad and young Israel are on the border. We took a walk on shabbos and went through a park and saw frum more MO type families, and all the nonjews there were upper middle class most of them.

Perfectly safe.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:46 am
That hotel is further away from the frum community. It's at least a 25/30 minutes walk away from the area of Beachwood with Shuls and frummer people.....

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:59 am
You will be fine if you are fine being on your own for Shabbos. That hotel is in Independence, OH, about midpoint between the airport and Beachwood. If you will be arriving before shabbat and have a car, you will easily be able to come in and pick up food, etc. You also can probably get take out delivered from some of the local kosher eateries. You should also be fine if you go out to the local grocery stories to find nationally available items like hummus, tuna, granola bars, etc. But you won't be in walking distance to Jewish life, etc. and food on Shabbat--and you can't walk to that hotel from the jewish community---I mean you could try but it would be horrendous and imho unnecessary.

(Which doesn't mean you shouldn't go--just that you'll need to be self sufficient on Shabbat, and either pay delivery charges or have transportation to the jewish neighborhood to bring in food.)

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:59 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
That hotel is further away from the frum community. It's at least a 25/30 minutes walk away from the area of Beachwood with Shuls and frummer people.....

More like a 3 hour walk

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 4:27 pm
Not walkable on shabbos, but absolutely close enough that you can drive 20 min on Friday and get all your food at the Grove!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 6:26 pm
Of course there are the issues of electronic keys, and maybe sensors (or fridge,etc), which apply when staying in any nonJewish hotel for Shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics