Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Other things to do/see near Harry Potter store (Madison sq)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 9:19 am
My kids have been wanting to check this out and we have time on winter vacation but it seems a little lame to shlep to Manhattan just to look at one store where we will hopefully not buy anything. I can't do the VR activity there because not only is it obscenely priced but my kids are too young to go without an adult, the website says pregnant people should not participate, and that's the only adult available. So I just inadvertently saved $80 but may have disappointed kids.

What else is in that area? It's right by Madison Square and not far from Union Square. Window shopping in interesting places is an acceptable activity but if there are any nice museums or more active things in the area I'd love to know.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:09 pm
Bump

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:14 pm
Museum of mathematics. It’s very hands on and very cool. My kids of all ages loved it.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 3:59 am
When we went to the store, it was when covid restrictions were very strict and they were only letting in a certain number of people at a time. Basically you were given a number and it was about 2 hours until your nber was called. We went to the Museum of Mathematics until we were called, it was fun. There's also a Lego store there (and you can just look at the cool Lego sculptures without buying anything).

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:11 pm
Petco is fun. Go downstairs and see the fish and if the bunny is there after Covid. There are also adoptable cats which are fun to see, especially when they are fed.

There's a big Barnes and Noble there and Strand Books.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries