Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How are the prices going up again?!?!
Previous  1  2

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 1:43 pm
amother Broom wrote:
I used Erica. Peiple I know have used olive. They are all sales reps for the same company. See who responds quicker to you and decide from there.

Any way to contact them without instagram?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 1:45 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
The Sheitel I a once in a few years investment the price of wash and sets have gone in sane I feel it’s disgusting and then taking advantage of us cause we have no choice where I live wash and sets are currently 65-100 a sheitel

Omg! I’m OOT and I pay $25.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:27 pm
Listen to Sarah lasrys sheitel rant today!!

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:29 pm
amother Olive wrote:
Omg! I’m OOT and I pay $25.

For the amount of time and skill that goes into a wash and set you're paying bubkes.
Maybe your SM has zero overhead and expenses and can afford to charge that.
Most salons pay rent and an obscene amount for their staff. You used to be able to hire help as an internship kind of deal and it did not cost a ton, but the girl gained experience. Nowadays every inexperienced girl wants upwards of $30 an hour. Your SM isn't raking it in when she charges $60 for a wash and set.

About the wig prices, I agree it's insane. I haven't gotten any notices yet of companies raising their prices I've only seen 1 individual SM posting that her prices are going up for new wigs. So I'm not sure this increase is from the brands. But maybe I've just not been notified yet.
And fyi I haven't raised my markup on new wigs in many many years. When a brand raises their price I pass it on to the client but don't increase my markup.
Manufacturers have raised their prices by the hundreds just in the last year.
I can't even afford a new wig at my wholesale price.
When you plunk down several thousands for a new wig, a very very tiny amount of that actually ends up as profit for the SM.

I wonder what the future will look like for the wig market. This feels unsustainable.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:49 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
There is a video of a black woman talking about the orthodox wig market. she says we could find a good black wig lady to go to for half the price and the wigs are not nearly that expensive.

Unfortunately I don't think that will work for people looking for blond and particularly red colored wigs.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:54 pm
There needs to be more competition in the wig market so more people are motivated to lower prices to draw in customers

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:57 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Let's all do aliexpress, this is ridiculous. Before covid, I bought a stunning Irene for 1,200. Now hey are 2,400. Enough is enough.

Whatever happened to a lot of the hair coming from certain places being assur because of avoda zara ?

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:57 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
There needs to be more competition in the wig market so more people are motivated to lower prices to draw in customers

There are so many smaller brands that are offering lower prices.
Cosmopolitan wigs
Sheeba wigs
Just 2 that are off the top of my mind.

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:58 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
Reena Beane has a new line of Sheitels- a short sheitel for $1000 and a long hat fall for $1400.

Short is just above the shoulders

That’s not so cheap

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:59 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
There are so many smaller brands that are offering lower prices.
Cosmopolitan wigs
Sheeba wigs
Just 2 that are off the top of my mind.

What are their prices?
I’m sure even more competition will lower the prices even more.

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:06 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
For the amount of time and skill that goes into a wash and set you're paying bubkes.
Maybe your SM has zero overhead and expenses and can afford to charge that.
Most salons pay rent and an obscene amount for their staff. You used to be able to hire help as an internship kind of deal and it did not cost a ton, but the girl gained experience. Nowadays every inexperienced girl wants upwards of $30 an hour. Your SM isn't raking it in when she charges $60 for a wash and set.

About the wig prices, I agree it's insane. I haven't gotten any notices yet of companies raising their prices I've only seen 1 individual SM posting that her prices are going up for new wigs. So I'm not sure this increase is from the brands. But maybe I've just not been notified yet.
And fyi I haven't raised my markup on new wigs in many many years. When a brand raises their price I pass it on to the client but don't increase my markup.
Manufacturers have raised their prices by the hundreds just in the last year.
I can't even afford a new wig at my wholesale price.
When you plunk down several thousands for a new wig, a very very tiny amount of that actually ends up as profit for the SM.

I wonder what the future will look like for the wig market. This feels unsustainable.

Maybe that’s what it’ll take for this thievery to stop.
But I have a feeling there’ll always be the wealthy who’ll pay whatever is asked

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:07 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
The Sheitel I a once in a few years investment the price of wash and sets have gone in sane I feel it’s disgusting and then taking advantage of us cause we have no choice where I live wash and sets are currently 65-100 a sheitel

That’s crazy
Outright geneiva
It’s disgusting

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:14 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
That’s crazy
Outright geneiva
It’s disgusting

Uhhh what??? Why is that geneiva? Do you know her expenses? What it costs to run the business? How much time a wash and set takes her? Is she forcing you to use her for wash and sets?
It would be geneiva if she's taking your money and not doing a wash and set at all.

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:19 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
Reena Beane has a new line of Sheitels- a short sheitel for $1000 and a long hat fall for $1400.

Short is just above the shoulders

Irene started making hatfalls you can get for just $500-700
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels