Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
US Embassy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 5:35 am
When do appointments open? I can go to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, they're equidistant from me.
So far, they've been fully booked through May, but June isn't open yet.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 5:40 am
Theres a whatsapp group with notifications when there's appointments.

Do you need for an adult or minor?

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 7:03 am
IIRC, appointments open Wednesday afternoons. Possibly at three but I'm not sure about the time.

Bubbles77

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 9:56 am
Yes they open on Wednesdays between 3-4pm. Keep refreshing booking page during that time. Hatzlacha!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:19 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Theres a whatsapp group with notifications when there's appointments.

Do you need for an adult or minor?

A minor. Registering baby born abroad.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:20 am
Thanks! I've been doing it for three Wednesdays now from 3-4, based on an old post here, but wanted to confirm, since I haven't seen anything open up.

Roots

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:22 am
its true after over 16 months of waiting I was finally told tyo try on wed bet these hrs and it worked

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:39 am
I've been refreshing the calendar to make an appointment for the past 4 Wednesdays between 3 and 4:30 (I even made arrangements for my kids during that time so I can sit and focus) but either nothing opened up or it did but as fast as I could put in our passport info, the appointments were just being taken and disappearing.

If anyone has any ideas for a kid whos passport expired MONTHS ago, is not Israeli so has no passport now, and I haven't been able to get an appointment - please let me know.

juggling

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:48 am
I saw a recommendation to save an autofill on Google with the details of the person who needs the appointment, so then when you start filling out the form you can fill it out very quickly. I've never tried this myself, but it sounds like a good trick.

Good luck!

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 12:09 pm
amother Honey wrote:
I've been refreshing the calendar to make an appointment for the past 4 Wednesdays between 3 and 4:30 (I even made arrangements for my kids during that time so I can sit and focus) but either nothing opened up or it did but as fast as I could put in our passport info, the appointments were just being taken and disappearing.

If anyone has any ideas for a kid whos passport expired MONTHS ago, is not Israeli so has no passport now, and I haven't been able to get an appointment - please let me know.

I booked a few weeks ago for the next week in tel aviv (they opened up an entire day that previously had been grayed out). Jerusalem appointments were taken really really quickly and even with auto fill couldn't fill it out quickly enough to book one of the available appointments. Tel Aviv took an extra few minutes to fill up - I actually managed to book 3 appointments for the same day. (Can't guarantee that this is always true, but seemed that way to me.) Also, try to choose a time with max number of appointments available so even if others click on that time you still have a possibility of booking an appointment.
Good luck!!

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 1:04 pm
amother OP wrote:

Pm me for the info about the whatsapp group. It's so helpful. FYI if you at pregnant book while pregnant for a few weeks after your due date. Start looking for appointments now!

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:48 pm
amother OP wrote:

My friends say this can be done by a video appointment, but I don't have the details. https://il.usembassy.gov/video.....hree/

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:02 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
My friends say this can be done by a video appointment, but I don't have the details. https://il.usembassy.gov/video.....hree/

Only if both parents are American, and my husband is Israeli. Good for other people to know, though!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions