Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Meaningful ideas for bas mitzvah party?

lylac

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:03 pm
It's the custom in our school for each girl to make a bas mitzvah party for the class, usually at her house. The girls usually eat and make a project, like a bracelet or painting, etc. I'd like to do something more meaningful that the girls won't just throw away after they leave. Any ideas? I thought of doing a brachos party, but we still need to physically make something for an activity.
I'd like to either make something that the girls can make 2 of, one to keep and one to donate, or to send something to people in a hospital, etc. Or I'd like to make something that can be used for a mitzvah on their own, like a tzedekah box or a siddur bookmark.
Please give me ideas of what has gone over well. My daughter is quick to nix all ideas that "no one does"!

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:11 pm
You can do a challah bake, they do hafrashas challah and learn some new braiding technique or something
Do glass art with a Possuk, maybe they can choose a Possuk or something your daughter wants to do, like - frosted lettering on a mirror
U can make tzedaka boxes but more sophisticated like modge podge or acrylics (depending on what material boxes u find)
You can decorate on a thin wood peice either benching or krias shema and it becomes the souvenir from her bm
You can simply print out meaningful pessukim with different fonts and decorate them in pretty frames as room decor, something that they'd understand, maybe your daughter can share and explanation of the passuk
You can do sophisticated level of jewelry making using silver alef Beis to make their names and fancy beading
You can have someone come in to do a workshop such as cupcake decorating and you can make it meaningful by connection the decor to a Jewish concept you want to bring out
You can do a paint class with a specific message or theme, (with instructor) e.g shabbos painting, yerushalayim, something meaningful...
Hatzlocha and Mazal Tov!!

lylac

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:41 pm
Wow, thanks for all the great ideas!

devorah1231

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 11:38 pm
Just remember to avoid making sheimos in case it breaks or doesn't come out nice enough to keep
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics