Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Best places to visit in Israel

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:46 am
Where are the nicest places to visit? A one week stay. What would be your top choices?

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:54 am
Kibbutz lavi

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:57 am
ectomorph wrote:
Kibbutz lavi

Thanks

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:35 pm
Any other ideas?

DrMom

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 4:48 pm
Are you looking for places to tour/visit or places to stay overnight?

Kibbutz Lavi is a nice place to stay, but there is not much point in going there otherwise.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:24 pm
DrMom wrote:
Are you looking for places to tour/visit or places to stay overnight?

Kibbutz Lavi is a nice place to stay, but there is not much point in going there otherwise.

Thanks
Places to tour/visit. Not to stay overnight

essie14

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:49 pm
Kotel tunnel tours
Old City tour
Machine Yehuda shuk
Kever Rachel
Mearat hamachpela
Yad vashem

Do you like museums?

Tel aviv tayelet

jerusalem90

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:10 pm
Jerusalem Biblical Zoo

Tel Aviv's Park HaYarkon, then Namal (port) which is right next to it.

The Dead Sea, but only worth it if you'd get in the water...

amother
Hawthorn

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:12 pm
In the old city, on the way to the Kotel, they have this little museum where they show what Jewish life was like in the Old City hundreds of years ago. I stumbled across it by accident once and loved it! Anyone know what it's called?

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:57 am
Don't just stay in the center of the country. the negev, Dead Sea, Mitzpei Ramon, the north, the Golan, the Hula Valley the Galil, are all so stunning!!! There is so much beauty and history in the north and south too.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:53 am
amother Hawthorn wrote:
In the old city, on the way to the Kotel, they have this little museum where they show what Jewish life was like in the Old City hundreds of years ago. I stumbled across it by accident once and loved it! Anyone know what it's called?

The Old Yishuv Court Museum
https://museums.gov.il/en/muse......aspx

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 5:00 am
I would suggest Nachal Arugot.

It's at the Ein Gedi resort.

This is the area where Dovid H escaped and hid.

He made some tehillim here.

It's so beautiful and gorgeous, I guarantee you that you have never been to such a stunning water hike.

Enjoy the land Hashem gave us.

It's pretty kid friendly. When we were there, there were so many kids everywhere. The water is pristine, the scenery is out of this world, the fun is crazy!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 7:15 am
amother Starflower wrote:
Don't just stay in the center of the country. the negev, Dead Sea, Mitzpei Ramon, the north, the Golan, the Hula Valley the Galil, are all so stunning!!! There is so much beauty and history in the north and south too.

Would I need to rent a car to get to most of these? Do you know of any tour companies I can use to go to some of these places?

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 9:40 am
following

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:04 am
amother OP wrote:
Would I need to rent a car to get to most of these? Do you know of any tour companies I can use to go to some of these places?

Artzeinu and Hoffman tours are both very good. Check out their websites to see what tours they offer that interest you. The Hebron Fund tour of Chevron is also excellent.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:23 am
doctorima wrote:
Artzeinu and Hoffman tours are both very good. Check out their websites to see what tours they offer that interest you. The Hebron Fund tour of Chevron is also excellent.

Thank you this was very helpful

ora_43

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 9:24 am
Depends what time of year you are coming, how you feel about both heat and crowds, who you are coming with (just you? a couple? kids?), and what you like to do Smile.

Generic tour, not knowing anything about you other than that you're frum... I'd say 3 days in Jerusalem, 1 day trip (Jerusalem based), then go north or south.

Day #1 the kotel, kotel tunnels or city of David. Food tour at the Machanei Yehuda market.

Day #2 Friday. Check out mea shearim and the downtown area, go to the Israel Museum.

Day #3: Shabbat. Walk around the Old City.

Day #4: Tour the Knesset, then go on a day tour of Hevron or Tel Aviv. (I'm not even sure what I'd do in Tel Aviv. Artists colony in Yafo, Yarkon park, beach... It's just a city worth seeing. Plenty of museums if you like that.)

North:
1 day in Tzfat (artists' colony, tour around, see old shuls), 1 day hiking around/ visiting the Hula valley, 1 day in the Hermon

(North is good if you like nature)

South:
1 day in the dead sea, 2 in Eilat. Check out the dolphin beach, go snorkeling or do a glass bottom boat tour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions