Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Thinner wigs should equal lower price

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:19 pm
Wigs are half the density as they used to be. Part of the cost of a wig is the hair and also the labor of sewing in the hair. So shouldn't the cost be much lower than in the past? I know other things are constant, like the cap, but still. My newest wig is so much less hair than my wigs from 20 years ago.

hodeez

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:20 pm
Shrinkflation baby

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wigs are half the density as they used to be. Part of the cost of a wig is the hair and also the labor of sewing in the hair. So shouldn't the cost be much lower than in the past? I know other things are constant, like the cap, but still. My newest wig is so much less hair than my wigs from 20 years ago.

Your wig from 20 years ago was shorter too.

Besides for which, renting an apartment back then was $1k for a 2 bdrm. A slice was $1.75.

Simple1

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:35 pm
I thought of this with regard to clothing. I’m paying less for shabbos clothes for my teens than my mother paid for me many years ago. I figured the suits back then were very intricate. And maybe now there are more efficient ways to source clothing than years ago. Maybe the wig industry can take a look and see how they can streamline the costs.

Again as I said I don’t know much about sheitel business so I don’t know if it’s possible.

gootlfriends

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:47 pm
I haven't bought a real sheitel in 5 years. I buy synthetic now. Styles change often and real hair gets dirty fast. And yes, my sheitels from years ago still have more hair than the newer one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels