Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Honey cake for areinfirnish

happy chick

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:05 pm
does anyone have any brilliant ideas for engraving the pasuk on the honey cake? I've done it a few times, but its always so hard, not to mention impossible to read. how does everyone do it?

advocate

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:22 pm
Maybe have someone cut a stencil with a cricut and then sprinkle cinnamon or confectioners sugar on top?

polka dots

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:24 pm
Perhaps print on transparent plastic and put it in center of cake.

advocate

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:25 pm
Or go to a bakery that puts customized photos on a cake but instead take a photo of the possukim?

happy chick

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:25 pm
advocate wrote:
Maybe have someone cut a stencil with a cricut and then sprinkle cinnamon or confectioners sugar on top?

its supposed to be engraved, not written on top (such as with frosting), so its like the luchos.

mushkamothers

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:27 pm
Freeze and use a toothpick and cut in square letters

naomi2

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:29 pm
What is an areinfirnish?

happy chick

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:34 pm
naomi2 wrote:
What is an areinfirnish?

theres a minhag to take a kid after he has his upshernish to cheder. part of the minhag is to have a honey cake, throw candies, wrap him in a talis, an egg. cant remember all of it now.

advocate

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:34 pm
Just searched and noticed that happy chick asked the same question 10 years ago. Mazel tov. Okay what if you made a big sheet cake and froze it and then took an electric drill with a new bit and engraved it that way?

happy chick

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:38 pm
advocate wrote:
Just searched and noticed that happy chick asked the same question 10 years ago. Mazel tov. Okay what if you made a big sheet cake and froze it and then took an electric drill with a new bit and engraved it that way?

lol. he just had his bar mitzvah. apparently, I still havent figured it out.

is actually quite a long pasuk. I usually do it with a toothpick, but it makes such a mess. and its so hard.

sabertooth

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:43 pm
Maybe a cake pan with the possuk on bottom (written backwards or inside out or whatever to make it work)
So you bake the cake and flip it over and it’s there

happy chick

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 6:44 pm
sabertooth wrote:
Maybe a cake pan with the possuk on bottom (written backwards or inside out or whatever to make it work)

that is brilliant. now we need someone to invent that.

naomi2

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 7:26 pm
I saw edible markers for sale at the supermarket. I forgot which one but you can call a few of the big ones and see if they have. They would probably write the best on fondant if you can get that too.
I see it needs to be engraved, though If the fondant is part of the cake maybe that counts?

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 9:08 pm
sabertooth wrote:

Maybe use foil to ‘build’ the letters on the bottom of the pan (I would put another piece of foil over them all and mold it to the letters so it covered the whole pan), spray them/it well pour in the batter, bake then flip it and pull out the letters.

tinyspark

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 9:25 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
Freeze and use a toothpick and cut in square letters

Yes much easier that way.
Don't worry if not so legible Smile

6000miles

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 9:37 pm
My mom always engraved it on a fondant placed on the honey cake. The fondant was shaped into a tzitzis with 2 black stripes and strings hanging down. Used some kind of tool, with a stencil to engrave. Was a very very thick piece, not rolled out thinly like fondant usually is.

Also, we call it cheder firin, never heard of areinfirnish. Which chassidus are you?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins