Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitel machers entitled attitude & dress kids in designer

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:00 pm
Yes. They work hard and I am not bashing them.

If they were so humble as they claim to be and even though they are charging insane pricing do it in a way that will be done in a refined manner. Stop blasting SL ( I don’t agree with her whole rant) and bashing up your Instagram defending yourself. Then you say you work so hard and hardly earn a living. But you are also letting us know BRB when you go on expensive vacations , flaunt your expensive designer items and your children’s too.

If they work so hard we understand. But everyone works hard. Just because they have a WhatsApp group bashing clients and sharing stories. It makes me cringe.

I own expensive wigs and I go to very popular sheitel machers. They mostly are complaining and I hear them always talking About their client behinds their backs. Most disgusting. ( I know not all do this!) they have also made weird eye contact with their secretary when they didn’t like a customer that was on the phone.

Fake fake fake.

* I’m very disappointed with my sm in Lakewood. I always thought she was so sweet and then she kocked SL. On Instagram. If she’s doing it so openly it’s most definitely happening in her salon too.

No I’m not related to SL LOL. just very sad about my SM rant.

amother
Tealblue

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:04 pm
Errr ummm ok then. What’s happening here exactly? Can’t follow but sounds like you are angry at some people so you are bashing a whole industry?

Before you assume things I’m not a sheitel macher

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:07 pm
I just found out they have a WhatsApp group and put clients down a lot. Yes I’ve read some posts.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:25 pm
We have several threads going on now bashing sheitel machers. Absolutely disgusting!
Stop opening thread to put down sheitel machers!

amother
Jasmine

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:27 pm
Mine doesn’t belong to WhatsApp
She has a flip phone…
She’s very sweet and very talented
She has cute kids but they are all young. They dress cute but not in designer clothing. Maybe knockoffs from China..
She’s careful about shmiras halashon and listens to shiurim
A few years ago she told me she will no longer be selling lace tops after she heard a speech from a rav she holds by. She even sent her husband to the rav to ask specific questions.
She’s thin and dresses well but not with name brands. Of course her shaitel is always perfect.
She’s confident and always happy without having constant internet access and a smartphone.
She is nothing like you described, op.

Imateacher

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:27 pm
Who is SL?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:38 pm
Jasmine will you share her name.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:39 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
She has a flip phone…
She has cute kids but they are all young. They dress cute but not in designer clothing. Maybe knockoffs from China..
A few years ago she told me she will no longer be selling lace tops after she heard a speech from a rav she holds by. She even sent her husband to the rav to ask specific questions.
She’s thin and dresses well but not with name brands. Of course her shaitel is always perfect.
She’s confident and always happy without having constant internet access and a smartphone.

Very inspiring but that is NOT the typical sheitel macher you know

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:39 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
She has a flip phone…
Sim has!

Kudos to her

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:47 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
Very inspiring but that is NOT the typical sheitel macher you know

Who is the typical sheitel macher? I know so many different sheitel machers in Lakewood. From simple to extravagant, yeshivish to not at all yeshivish, some only have flip phones, some may what whatsapp and some have Instagram. It’s ridiculous to think that all sheitel machers dress their kids in designer clothing, are on the same whatsapp group and are bashing SL (whoever that is) on Instagram together. This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've seen here. And no, I'm not a sheitel macher and I have nothing to do with the industry other than using their services and having sheitel macher friends and relatives.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:06 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Who is the typical sheitel macher? I know so many different sheitel machers in Lakewood. From simple to extravagant, yeshivish to not at all yeshivish, some only have flip phones, some may what whatsapp and some have Instagram. It’s ridiculous to think that all sheitel machers dress their kids in designer clothing, are on the same whatsapp group and are bashing SL (whoever that is) on Instagram together. This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've seen here. And no, I'm not a sheitel macher and I have nothing to do with the industry other than using their services and having sheitel macher friends and relatives.

I said in my post. NOT ALL SM

but the ones I’ve used / using are ranting on Instagram. If you read it you will understand.

amother
Heather

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:19 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
We have several threads going on now bashing sheitel machers. Absolutely disgusting!
Stop opening thread to put down sheitel machers!

This is getting to be completely ludicrous.

In terms of this specific post, OP seems to resent a specific SM for being affluent. So? Taking vacations and dressing your children well is hardly criminal.

And I think anyone who has EVER dealt with the public in any capacity knows that there are difficult clients or shoppers or patients and that it is extremely common to let off steam. Big deal.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:29 pm
amother Heather wrote:
This is getting to be completely ludicrous.

In terms of this specific post, OP seems to resent a specific SM for being affluent. So? Taking vacations and dressing your children well is hardly criminal.

And I think anyone who has EVER dealt with the public in any capacity knows that there are difficult clients or shoppers or patients and that it is extremely common to let off steam. Big deal.

And to start a thread about it is beyond disgusting. If OP is not happy with her sheitel macher, she can find someone else.

chestnut

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:40 pm
Seriously, only SM go on expensive vacations and dress their kids in designer clothing? Please, they're people like me, you, and other imas here, with different personalities, coolness factor, etc. Some are fancy, some are simple, some are nice, some - less so.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:45 pm
When you open a business you will charge what other people are charging. Why would I open a business ajd charge less if I’m just as good.

What she wears or her kids wear is none of your business.
I know plenty of people who wear designer clothes who don’t work at all.
The only thing you can control is where you go.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics