Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o Moose Knuckles clothing- Obscene?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 9  10  11  Next

amother
Grape

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 2:18 pm
What I don't understand is why would anyone want to buy an expensive item that so many other people have.
If I am paying $800 or whatever it costs for a coat, I'd want it to be something unique and pretty and certainly not something that every fifth person is wearing.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 2:21 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Move on if it bothers u
all the yungerleit in my husbands kollel are wearing them

Im genuinely asking.
Would you say the same thing if they were wearing "camel toe" coats? (The same idea as moose knuckels, for womens parts)
Just move on if it bothers you?

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 2:26 pm
Persevere wrote:
With tight pants too?

yep and most of the guys are learning on their FILs cc...

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 2:27 pm
amother Brass wrote:
Im genuinely asking.
Would you say the same thing if they were wearing "camel toe" coats? (The same idea as moose knuckels, for womens parts)
Just move on if it bothers you?

I see women dressed untzniously all the time. Same as men. I dont say anything bc its their choice.
I dont agree with it but I dont start threads about it
I move on even tho it bothers me

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 2:33 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Move on if it bothers u

Now you just have to work out a Camel Toe logo for the wives and you are good to go😀

Edit: I see I was beat to it!

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 2:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Now you just have to work out a Camel Toe logo for the wives and you are good to go😀

Edit: I see I was beat to it!

lol.
I agree, I think its crude and disgusting. especially for the guys in the kollel who are supposed to be the "elite" and looked up to. but if the rosh kollel isnt saying anything, and this is what yeshivish learning guys are doing, how can we expect others not to wear it?

my husband is israeli he told me he liked the coats the guys were wearing. he has no idea about brand names.... until I explained to him what it was.... !!! he was floored.

watergirl

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 2:54 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Move on if it bothers u

See my post above. "All" = maybe 6 people.

farm

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 3:42 pm
Nude and naked and rainbow comparisons are absolutely not equivalent. Nude is a color that also means unclothed. And Naked means bare. They both have less appropriate in public and completely appropriate in public usages. The Naked drinks are selling you how ‘natural’ and ‘nothing except the fruit’ ingredients are in them. No snarky innuendo. The pride community ‘stole’ the rainbow that was an innocent beautiful graphic forever and people can decide that they can reclaim an innocent rainbow and not allow it to only belong to a specific population.
There is zero usage of this company’s term other than the obnoxious slang.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 4:00 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
I see women dressed untzniously all the time. Same as men. I dont say anything bc its their choice.
I dont agree with it but I dont start threads about it
I move on even tho it bothers me

There's lack of tznius and there's obscene.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 4:20 pm
farm wrote:
Nude and naked and rainbow comparisons are absolutely not equivalent. Nude is a color that also means unclothed. And Naked means bare. They both have less appropriate in public and completely appropriate in public usages. The Naked drinks are selling you how ‘natural’ and ‘nothing except the fruit’ ingredients are in them. No snarky innuendo. The pride community ‘stole’ the rainbow that was an innocent beautiful graphic forever and people can decide that they can reclaim an innocent rainbow and not allow it to only belong to a specific population.
There is zero usage of this company’s term other than the obnoxious slang.

Exactly. "Naked" means bare, or unclothed. Its not offensive. Neither is the word "nude". You cant compare any of those with a slang term that is used only to describes the bulge of mens' testicles through tight clothing. It's not on the same plane.

Imagine a clothing label called "butt crack." Or "perky nipples". Thats what this is. And its wrong to wear it EVEN if youre a temimusdik kolel guy or bais yaakov girl who doesnt know what it means.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 4:28 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Move on if it bothers u

That’s sad actually.

amother
Red

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 11:10 am
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Move on if it bothers u

This bigger problem is more than the name of the coat…

essie14

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 1:56 pm
amother Brass wrote:
Exactly. "Naked" means bare, or unclothed. Its not offensive. Neither is the word "nude". You cant compare any of those with a slang term that is used only to describes the bulge of mens' testicles through tight clothing. It's not on the same plane.

Imagine a clothing label called "butt crack." Or "perky nipples". Thats what this is. And its wrong to wear it EVEN if youre a temimusdik kolel guy or bais yaakov girl who doesnt know what it means.

Agree 100%
People who are defending people who wear this brand as being sheltered and "how beautiful that they don't know what it means" sound ridiculous.

amother
Magnolia

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:21 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
lol.
I agree, I think its crude and disgusting. especially for the guys in the kollel who are supposed to be the "elite" and looked up to. but if the rosh kollel isnt saying anything, and this is what yeshivish learning guys are doing, how can we expect others not to wear it?

my husband is israeli he told me he liked the coats the guys were wearing. he has no idea about brand names.... until I explained to him what it was.... !!! he was floored.

I'm sure the rosh kollel has no idea what it means. Let someone explain to him and then see if he still keeps quiet about it!

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 11:07 pm
So here's the part that I find so funny... I doubt that anybody here is an expert on urban slang or even heard of this term before she googled the brand name, came across this scandalous definition, and shared with as many others as she could, to educate them about the true meaning behind the brand... Here's what the brand says the meaning behind the logo is:

For thousands of years, in the sunless months of the frozen Yukon, the mythical Moose provided food, shelter and protection from the elements. In 1921, our family of old-world outdoorsmen ventured above and beyond into northern lands, where they were inspired by the Moose’s incredible ability to stay warm in the coldest place on earth. And so began our coat-making journey of crafting the world’s most resilient garment that would endure the most unforgiving conditions.   With every generation, new skills and techniques were applied to our materials to better brave the environment, resulting in a century of relentless craftsmanship and refinement. From this comes a collection of innovative outerwear, perfecting the power to withstand sub-zero temperatures in style, leaving us confidently warm, comfortable and ready-for-anything. Today, The Spirit of the Moose lives on in our brand born from the Tundra, made for the concrete jungle. Our name pays homage to the majestic animal that inspired it all, who leaves only the trace of its knuckle in the snow, guiding voyageurs on their endless pursuit of adventure.

And here's an article discussing it:

https://www.esquire.com/style/.....kles/

Whether you personally choose to believe it or not, I don't think there's any reason to "educate" anyone about the crude symbol that you believe they are wearing. And I honestly don't believe that most non-Jewish people in the world are thinking that they're wearing a crude symbol... it may be a crude term, but it doesn't have an associated symbol and it's a very low class, urban term, so many upper and middle class people would not be commonly using the term, anyway.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 11:22 pm
I once heard a very chasidish women tell her baby " come here I'll give you a p****" ( meaning a kiss) She is as innocent as ever yet that word has so so much bad meaning to it. Anyone not understanding that it means a simple kiss could cringe!

So many things could have double meanings.......

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 11:27 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
So here's the part that I find so funny... I doubt that anybody here is an expert on urban slang or even heard of this term before she googled the brand name, came across this scandalous definition, and shared with as many others as she could, to educate them about the true meaning behind the brand... Here's what the brand says the meaning behind the logo is:

For thousands of years, in the sunless months of the frozen Yukon, the mythical Moose provided food, shelter and protection from the elements. In 1921, our family of old-world outdoorsmen ventured above and beyond into northern lands, where they were inspired by the Moose’s incredible ability to stay warm in the coldest place on earth. And so began our coat-making journey of crafting the world’s most resilient garment that would endure the most unforgiving conditions.   With every generation, new skills and techniques were applied to our materials to better brave the environment, resulting in a century of relentless craftsmanship and refinement. From this comes a collection of innovative outerwear, perfecting the power to withstand sub-zero temperatures in style, leaving us confidently warm, comfortable and ready-for-anything. Today, The Spirit of the Moose lives on in our brand born from the Tundra, made for the concrete jungle. Our name pays homage to the majestic animal that inspired it all, who leaves only the trace of its knuckle in the snow, guiding voyageurs on their endless pursuit of adventure.

And here's an article discussing it:

https://www.esquire.com/style/.....kles/

Whether you personally choose to believe it or not, I don't think there's any reason to "educate" anyone about the crude symbol that you believe they are wearing. And I honestly don't believe that most non-Jewish people in the world are thinking that they're wearing a crude symbol... it may be a crude term, but it doesn't have an associated symbol and it's a very low class, urban term, so many upper and middle class people would not be commonly using the term, anyway.

This was already discussed upthread:
amother Brass wrote:
Dont kid yourself.
They write that to "absolve themselves" after all the articles (from secular media) talking about this gutsy brand named after testicles.
And their instagram page acknowledges it, with a picture of the logo and a "cmon, make a ball joke".
If you dont know, balls refers to testicles Rolling Eyes

amother Brass wrote:

To quote one of the founders:
“Designed to be a ballsy, testosterone-stoked brand“

A bunch of luxury retailers wanted to carry them but wouldn’t risk letting them in because of their crude name and risqué advertising so they concocted the other explanation with a wink wink.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 11:48 pm
amother Red wrote:
This bigger problem is more than the name of the coat…

100% lol... Let's worry about kollel men buying the most expensive and "in" coats before we worry about the logo (although yes, that's problematic too). And I'm in kollel - not just looking down on others. I would never spend money like that even though I BH have a very comfortable income (not "support" from parents).

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 11:48 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Move on if it bothers u

That's sad on so many other levels.

hodeez

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 11:52 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
I once heard a very chasidish women tell her baby " come here I'll give you a p****" ( meaning a kiss) She is as innocent as ever yet that word has so so much bad meaning to it. Anyone not understanding that it means a simple kiss could cringe!

So many things could have double meanings.......

Can u please elaborate on those asterisks bc my mind is going to a bad place
Page 5 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics