Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
EBT emergency benefits ending in NJ
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 9:46 am
sequoia wrote:
My life and safety is not an American “liberal agenda.” We’re grateful to everyone who helps, but considering we’re standing between a genocidal maniac and the rest of the world, it’s only natural to support us. They completely destroyed a high-rise apartment building in Dnipro with rockets yesterday. Rescuers worked all day and all night to dig survivors out of the rubble and are still working. Many people were killed. Some are still screaming. Btw Dnipro has the biggest Jewish community in Ukraine. So no, stopping putin is not a “liberal agenda” and seeing world events in terms of American dualistic politics is ridiculous.

Why are people who value living still there??

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:56 am
amother Camellia wrote:
I fargin everybody their EBT benefits 100%, but it has suddenly become clear to me why we have had a labor/babysitting/morah shortage....

Doubt that's the reason

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:57 am
amother Mint wrote:
Doubt that's the reason

Watch and see what happens.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 11:02 am
amother Camellia wrote:
Watch and see what happens.

I think the reason is that there are easier more lucrative job opportunities and so women are taking those jobs.

Based on wages in Lakewood you can work in an office - much easier - for more money and also - at least in Lakewood - many of the jobs have flexible enough hours so that women with children can make it "work" with their schedule.

Your theory seems to be that many women decided not to work because of high benefits and that when they end, they will be forced to go to work as morahs and assistants. I doubt there significant number of women who did this and if they are returning to the workforce because of end of benefits, they are much more likely to want to work at an easier better paying job.

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 12:09 pm
Amarante wrote:
Your theory seems to be that many women decided not to work because of high benefits and that when they end, they will be forced to go to work as morahs and assistants. I doubt there significant number of women who did this and if they are returning to the workforce because of end of benefits, they are much more likely to want to work at an easier better paying job.

This, and also, people who would have worked as morahs and assistants are taking jobs in the legal daycares instead. The daycares have lower ratios so they need lots of morahs. I know several people who closed their playgroups and went to work in daycares. They say it’s easier in many ways.

Btw you can’t even get food stamps if you aren’t working, unless you have kids under the age of 5 that you are caring for at home.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:23 pm
Is it true they just extended this?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:57 pm
Where did you hear that? I wish that was true.

keeptrying

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 11:40 pm
sequoia wrote:
My life and safety is not an American “liberal agenda.” We’re grateful to everyone who helps, but considering we’re standing between a genocidal maniac and the rest of the world, it’s only natural to support us. They completely destroyed a high-rise apartment building in Dnipro with rockets yesterday. Rescuers worked all day and all night to dig survivors out of the rubble and are still working. Many people were killed. Some are still screaming. Btw Dnipro has the biggest Jewish community in Ukraine. So no, stopping putin is not a “liberal agenda” and seeing world events in terms of American dualistic politics is ridiculous.

My grandfather who is a houlicost survivor would tell us with tears in his eyes how the Ukrainians rounded up about 30,000 jewish men, women and children (in neiboring villages to him). They told them to disrobe and then brutally shot them over a course of a few days. They were more brutal then the nazis during the war. My grandfather said that the dirt over the mass grave moved for days- because they took pleasure in shooting a persons leg or arm and not finishing the person off. They would drink vodka through out the day and the drunkness made their aim worse. They ripped babies out of mothers arms and threw them into the mass grave and let them cry to death because they didn't want to waste bullets on them. They are horrific anti Semites. They volunteered their services.
Look up the graphic pictures that they gleefully took.
I hope the country gets destroyed. Hashem should take revenge. And yes, I feel bad about the hidden that live there but not the slightest for Ukraine.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 11:51 pm
bella613 wrote:
My grandfather who is a houlicost survivor would tell us with tears in his eyes how the Ukrainians rounded up about 30,000 jewish men, women and children (in neiboring villages to him). They told them to disrobe and then brutally shot them over a course of a few days. They were more brutal then the nazis during the war. My grandfather said that the dirt over the mass grave moved for days- because they took pleasure in shooting a persons leg or arm and not finishing the person off. They would drink vodka through out the day and the drunkness made their aim worse. They ripped babies out of mothers arms and threw them into the mass grave and let them cry to death because they didn't want to waste bullets on them. They are horrific anti Semites. They volunteered their services.
Look up the graphic pictures that they gleefully took.
I hope the country gets destroyed. Hashem should take revenge. And yes, I feel bad about the hidden that live there but not the slightest for Ukraine.

This is not a very sensitive thing to say to a person living through a horrific war.
Right now, Sequoia needs our support and encouragement.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics