Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Cradle cap

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 4:24 pm
What has helped? I’ve tried a bunch of things and his head looks so dry and now also his eyebrows

Golde

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 4:40 pm
Oil and a comb worked for us

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 4:44 pm
Since I switched to the Weleda baby shampoo & bodywash it has started getting better, also massage the area when you bath him with a wet washcloth

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 5:18 pm
Johnson's baby shampoo, olive oil and a comb

amother
Ebony

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 6:10 pm
Rub in oil. Let it sit for 10 min. Comb the cradle cap out. Give baby bath with normal babyshampoo after. The cradle cap usually does not come back after doing this once or twice

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 6:39 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
Rub in oil. Let it sit for 10 min. Comb the cradle cap out. Give baby bath with normal babyshampoo after. The cradle cap usually does not come back after doing this once or twice

This. I use baby oil.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 6:40 pm
But there’s not actual cradle cap to take out. It’s more just dry

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 7:19 pm
Moisturize baby's scalp often with an *unscented* oil. Scented stuff can sometimes cause irritation for kids with sensitive skin. Brush scalp with baby brush daily to exfoliate and get any flakes off before buildup happens.
For dry skin, it can also help to massage baby's scalp with pumped breastmilk in his bath. Leave in for a minute or 2, then rinse off. This has helped my baby with general irritated patches, not just on the scalp. When someone suggested it to me, I thought it was slightly nuts, but figured it can't hurt, so why not. I now save all expired breastmilk (what's left over in bottle after babysitter or anything out too long for me to give as feeding) for baths.

amother
Latte

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 8:06 pm
I had a child with cradle cap that was extending down the forehead into the eyebrows. Looked more like dry skin. My pediatrician recommended using dandruff shampoo. After a couple of uses it was gone and didn't come back

flowerbee

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 8:19 pm
Lice comb after bath very gently got it all out for me

happy chick

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 9:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
But there’s not actual cradle cap to take out. It’s more just dry

I agree with the oil. It was the only thing that helped. If it's only dry and not yet scaly , this will prevent it from happening. No need to comb it, just rub in oil, let it sit for 10 and then wash it out. You may have to shampoo baby's head twice or three times.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:26 pm
Another vote for breastmilk

hodeez

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:33 pm
Nothing did it until my Dr prescribed ketoconazole shampoo. But that was for a leaking cap, which it doesn't seem like is your situation

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 11:18 pm
Mustella cradle cap shampoo

amother
Forsythia

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 11:31 pm
I’ve been very successful rubbing Vaseline on their head and then putting on a hat to sleep at night. Also washing with a dandruff shampoo in combination with the above worked wonders.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:41 am
I was told by a Dr to use head and shoulders 2x a week. I'm doing it now for 3 weeks and it's gone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics