Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Baby first shoes

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:40 am
I went to a shoe store that was recommended as the person there fits well.
I ended up with a hard leather shoe.
If you search online they say to go for a soft shoe. There was no such option at this store. Why wouldn't they offer other options?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:43 am
amother OP wrote:
I went to a shoe store that was recommended as the person there fits well.
I ended up with a hard leather shoe.
If you search online they say to go for a soft shoe. There was no such option at this store. Why wouldn't they offer other options?

I don't know which store you went to but the baby shoes that are in style in frum places are hard bottom high tops with laces. Everything I wouldn't pick.

I ordered shoes from zappos for my baby. They have a lot of nice options in all price ranges.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:43 am
I can't tell you about that store, but I found that some babies walk better in soft shoes & some in hard. One of my kids I bought an expensive soft shoe & I needed to buy a hard shoe soon after, it was better for her.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:46 am
How should I know if soft or hard is better? Will it cause damage using such a hard shoe?!
First timer here!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:48 am
amother OP wrote:
How should I know if soft or hard is better? Will it cause damage using such a hard shoe?!
First timer here!

Soft is usually better unless the baby needs extra support. I would go with soft sole and if that isn't working out, switch to hard. But keep in mind babies need time to get used to walking in shoes so give it a few weeks.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:55 am
amother OP wrote:
First timer here!

It’s not really about walking better- at first you want soft shoes since their muscles are still growing. See kai run first walkers are great.

ruby slippers

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:58 am
amother OP wrote:
First timer here!

Best bet- ask your pediatrician....

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:59 am
I never heard of this Ive always gone to my local shoe store and picked out a hard shoe and I never had issues

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:04 pm
I bought a hard high shoe but the sole was rubber and a bit flexible. My son only wears it when we go out and wears barefoot at home; sometimes floafers. He falls sometimes in his shoes but likes them. I think it’s important to have both barefoot and supportive experience.

mushkamothers

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:52 pm
The local frum stores sell European fashion and are also stuck in pre-war era when it comes to anything kids. Current research says barefoot as long as possible, shoes as close to barefoot as possible- brands like robeez or if you want more of a sneaker (I get this when they're actually running) see Kai run or ten little

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:25 am
Pepe soft zippered shoes are great. they're expensive though. They are real leather, soft sole but the sole is made of real sole material and is great for first walkers. They hold up beautifully and are comfortable and durable to wear outside even in the snow.
I actually got it again for my 20 month old ( not her first pair) cause its not bulky and fits so cute.

Here is a link to it on sale: ( I know laced shoe, HAL shoes and tassel shoes all carry this brand as well for full price.)

https://www.smallable.com/en/p.....am-en|nx|c|m|k|p|t|dc|a18006379585|g18006379585&gclid=CjwKCAiArNOeBhAHEiwAze_nKKNsa-jBPHAs-R5RrogNAle-Omd0KCUJCXARDBTzpDXEAYIgTWHrXxoCx4sQAvD_BwE
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics