Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Melta
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 8:36 pm
Anyone hear of this melta diet? A friend told me about it. It's It's 3 month program? Pills and diet?
Sound too good to be true. Wondering if anyone knows anything.bout it.
Thanks

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 9:15 pm
Following

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 9:16 pm
If it worked, your health insurance would already have called you to offer you a discount if you take it.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 9:22 pm
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
If it worked, your health insurance would already have called you to offer you a discount if you take it.

Lol. I think this was advertised with a money back guarantee. Which is pretty promising. Anyone still have the ad?

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 9:23 pm
Meh, nome these pills and vitamins work.
Maybe they can sort of help you if your already dieting and exercising.

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 8:57 pm
Bump anybody tried this and can update?

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:48 pm
Bump

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 2:02 pm
Careful with the green tea stuff. I know someone who needed a liver transplant after taking diet supplements that had green tea extract in it. These melta stuff have green tea in it.

I doubt it works. The only diet pills with real results are the prescription ones and even those have limited results.

I would try a nutritionist combined with exercise and if you are still craving food then see a doctor for an appetite suppressant to give you boost.

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 2:38 pm
I’d like to hear real life results not other advice please if anybody has experience with this.

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 3:21 pm
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:
I’d like to hear real life results not other advice please if anybody has experience with this.

I gave u real life results. Green tea extract supplements like melta have caused liver failure in a young otherwise healthy women. I know her personally.

Rachel8177

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:00 pm
They've been out of stock for a while. They suggest minimum 8-12 weeks to see results and product is not out on the market for that long ye

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 9:27 pm
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
I gave u real life results. Green tea extract supplements like melta have caused liver failure in a young otherwise healthy women. I know her personally.

I’m curious why you think it was that specifically? I mean, I’m not pro most UNREGULATED ( which this is) supplements but I know enough about science to know that green tea does not cause liver failure by itself and that when n=1, it means nothing at all. A quick google scholar search does not show any definitive evidence because there are usually multiple issues going on at the same time. Further, many folks who have these issues already had Nafld (fatty liver) and it’s possible that the damage would have happened anyways. I’m not saying that no one ever had a bad reaction to unregulated supplements but knowing one person who had this combination of issues is negligible. Even in studies based on people with liver issues, the number purported to have this happen was 3%. And again, purported.

OP. I know you aren’t looking for opinions, and this response was not to you specifically. That said, just because I’m saying that I highly doubt that amother is correct about stating outright that green tea supplements are causing liver failure, I do think this is nothing other than a waste of money.

If there was a magic cure, I’d have found it by now. There isn’t.

This is a great example of good intentions being stolen along with throwing away money.

amother
Clematis

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 8:21 am
andrea levy wrote:
I’m curious why you think it was that specifically? I mean, I’m not pro most UNREGULATED ( which this is) supplements but I know enough about science to know that green tea does not cause liver failure by itself and that when n=1, it means nothing at all. A quick google scholar search does not show any definitive evidence because there are usually multiple issues going on at the same time. Further, many folks who have these issues already had Nafld (fatty liver) and it’s possible that the damage would have happened anyways. I’m not saying that no one ever had a bad reaction to unregulated supplements but knowing one person who had this combination of issues is negligible. Even in studies based on people with liver issues, the number purported to have this happen was 3%. And again, purported.

OP. I know you aren’t looking for opinions, and this response was not to you specifically. That said, just because I’m saying that I highly doubt that amother is correct about stating outright that green tea supplements are causing liver failure, I do think this is nothing other than a waste of money.

If there was a magic cure, I’d have found it by now. There isn’t.

This is a great example of good intentions being stolen along with throwing away money.

https://naturalmedicines.thera.....RACT.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK547925/

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-45971416

A quick Google search found this.

I'm not saying that it definitely causes liver failure. I'm saying that it can and it did in someone I know personally. Do what you want with the info. Just passing along.

monday

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 5:19 pm
Bump
Did anyone try this and can give feedback?

amother
Eggshell

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 9:13 pm
Bump anyone?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:09 pm
I tried it. It didn't work

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 6:09 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
I tried it. It didn't work

How long were you on it? Were you exercising too?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 6:48 am
Took it for 2 months. Wasnt exercising more than normal

amother
Valerian

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 7:42 pm
Bump

Their ad looks so promising
(And I’m desperate)
Has ANYONE had good results?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 7:50 pm
amother Clematis wrote:
https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/news/news-items/2018/april/can-green-tea-extract-hurt-your-liver.aspx#:~:text=Based%20on%20safety%20assessment%20of,relates%20to%20green%20tea%20EXTRACT.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK547925/

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-45971416

A quick Google search found this.

I'm not saying that it definitely causes liver failure. I'm saying that it can and it did in someone I know personally. Do what you want with the info. Just passing along.
So first of all, it's only people that have a COMT genetic mutation that are at increased risk for liver failure from green tea extract. Second of all, you have no way of knowing if it was that or something else that caused the liver failure. Third of all, the melta weight loss tabs I see online are just a bunch of probiotics, no green tea extract.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise